Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saints Fan Who Took Ball From Bengals Fan Speaks

Featured Replies

You're willing to go to jail in New Orleans over a ball?

 

The man is being honest with you.

 

I guess the question all of us men have to ponder (ponder is my word of the day) is how much will you let another man "abuse" your woman in your presence before you act?

 

And for me, if someone takes something that belongs to my girlfriend and they elbow her in the process (even if the elbow is unintentional) that someone better be one bad dude. :D

  • Replies 78
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, opposing teams players always walk over to opposing fans on the road and give them the football after they score... :rolleyes:

 

Did he clearly see her? Or was he focused on the ball and trying to get the ball? I don't pay that much attention to the people around me when I'm at a ball game. If I had been him, I probably wouldn't have paid a bit of attention if I was trying to get the ball.

The man is being honest with you.

 

I guess the question all of us men have to ponder (ponder is my word of the day) is how much will you let another man "abuse" your woman in your presence before you act?

 

And for me, if someone takes something that belongs to my girlfriend and they elbow her in the process (even if the elbow is unintentional) that someone better be one bad dude. :D

 

Y'all have fun in that NO jail. :lol2:

Did he clearly see her? Or was he focused on the ball and trying to get the ball? I don't pay that much attention to the people around me when I'm at a ball game. If I had been him, I probably wouldn't have paid a bit of attention if I was trying to get the ball.

 

In my mind the jerk knew exactly what he was doing and what was happening. And even if he didn't, he should have.

Y'all have fun in that NO jail. :lol2:

 

You and I have been out in public before (as friends everyone) and if someone took something that belonged to you and elbowed you in the process I would go to jail defending you.

You and I have been out in public before (as friends everyone) and if someone took something that belonged to you and elbowed you in the process I would go to jail defending you.

 

Well, while I thank you...I would urge you to just let it go. Nothing I own or MAY own is worth anyone going to jail over.

You and I have been out in public before (as friends everyone) and if someone took something that belonged to you and elbowed you in the process I would go to jail defending you.

 

Same here...

Well, while I thank you...I would urge you to just let it go. Nothing I own or MAY own is worth anyone going to jail over.

 

You are welcome.

From her radio interview she said she didn't even know he had elbowed her, so it clearly was minimal contact, and that the guy was very polite and was just as entitled to the ball as she was.

 

I guess I don't see an accidental elbow as abuse. Maybe that's just me. :idunno:

You and I have been out in public before (as friends everyone) and if someone took something that belonged to you and elbowed you in the process I would go to jail defending you.
RM would have laid tail out...And would have taken her football back home.:lol:
RM would have laid tail out...And would have taken her football back home.:lol:

 

I would have just punched him in the face with words. :p

You're willing to go to jail in New Orleans over a ball?

 

I've been to jail in New Orleans for a lot less!!!!!

RM would have laid tail out...And would have taken her football back home.:lol:

 

That auto edit does not sound right...:lol::lol::lol: RM would have gave him a donkey kicking with her lightsaber words...:thumb:

I've been to jail in New Orleans for a lot less!!!!!

 

Inquiring minds want to know.

  • Author

Funny story:

 

The Athletics are my favorite baseball team and have been since childhood. I went to see them play the Astros in Houston this past year as a graduation present to myself. I was 2 rows behind the A's dugout, wearing my Joe Morgan throwback and A's hat to show support.

 

Top of the first inning and Coco Crisp fouls one into the dugout. No children are around (Astros games are dead). A manager gets the ball and turns around. I stand up in my A's jersey and he looks at me and tosses it up, clearly to me. Ball falls short into the first row. I could have done one of two things: a.) dove over the seats and covered it like a fumble, b.) just bend over and try to reach it before seeing it bounce to a guy who has going balls out after it coming down from the end of the row to a seat at the opposite end right in front of mine.

 

I go with a.), tell the guy congrats with a "good hands" or something like that for the way he covered it like a fumble, then go on with enjoying the game anyway.

 

Guy who did that ends up sloshed and leaves the ball in a cupholder a few seats down from me that he and his buddies have moved into as they got sloshed. Well after the game and it's obvious he isn't coming back (i.e., post game interviews were over, nothing else like a jacket or souvenir was left there, so I give him a solid 5-10 minutes to come back and get it, and once it's obvious that he isn't coming back, I take it and leave.

 

I don't know the dynamics of how I'd react if it were a girlfriend and the contact was incidental, but I do know that if someone did what the Saints fan did to one of my children or something like that, then it'd be much more likely that I'd blow a gasket.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.