Dixie vs. Simon Kenton (Take #2) - Playoff Meeting

theguru

Who wins?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dixie (11-1)
    • Simon Kenton (11-1)

Speaking of wrestling, I heard that Dixie has a kid who wrestled last season under pressure from his parents, under the condition that if he won state, then he would not be asked to wrestle again... then he went on to win state last year and is not going to wrestle this year??? Is this true?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of wrestling, I heard that Dixie has a kid who wrestled last season under pressure from his parents, under the condition that if he won state, then he would not be asked to wrestle again... then he went on to win state last year and is not going to wrestle this year??? Is this true?

I don't know about the background story but yes Brandon Johnson won state last year and from what I hear will not be wrestling this year.

He will not be wrestling this year regardless of last year's outcome.

That's funny! Branden wrestled since he was 5 years old in the raider youth program with Belk and Mieman. He had always had 1 goal....a title. Last year when he won that he told all of his coaches (Simmons -retired) he was done. Kid is getting ready for the next step in his life...D1 Football! I do know his parents and dad coaches Football. They have another son who wrestles really well and even a little girl who placed at youth state a few years ago. Trust me, Branden has chosen this path on his own.

SK is great in every sport not just football! Very soon SK will have a state title in football.

bloviate

To bloviate is to talk, but not just to chat. To bloviate means to go on and on and on and on, usually in a pompous way.

Can you hear the blow in the word bloviate? That's a clue that someone bloviating is blowing some serious hot air.

When someone bloviates, he is speaking in an empty, pretentious, full-of-himself manner.

This word is often associated with politicians, who probably invented bloviating. When someone is talking a lot and saying a little, they're bloviating.

bloviate

To bloviate is to talk, but not just to chat. To bloviate means to go on and on and on and on, usually in a pompous way.

Can you hear the blow in the word bloviate? That's a clue that someone bloviating is blowing some serious hot air.

When someone bloviates, he is speaking in an empty, pretentious, full-of-himself manner.

This word is often associated with politicians, who probably invented bloviating. When someone is talking a lot and saying a little, they're bloviating.

I can think of an HHS poster who fits that definition!