Jim Hicks to Fleming??

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerning Hicks I heard from a reliable source that he is moving south down Rt. 23 to Russell. I understand he was in the same anger management program as John Chaney.

I didn't realize Russell was looking for another coach...:confused:

You mean that Jeff Hall is thinking about going back to Ashland and resurrecting that program?;):rolleyes::D

Actually I believe they were referring to Mayor Gilmore. :D Seriously, that was an entertaining style of play back then.

You may want to check with some of your fellow Tomcat fans. I know he doesn't post on here anymore, but if I remember correctly AshlandTomcat41 said that Patterson was overrated. He probably wouldn't help the Tomcats any.

I think Patterson is overrated. But he could still dominate the 16th with no problem.

I thought that the mighty tomcats wouldnt take transfers. Even though there tradition has been built on other schools players.

Wow, thats a pretty ironic statement coming from a Rose Hill fan. Even though Rose Hill doesnt have a "tradition" so to speak, its obvious what little success they enjoyed a few years ago was obviously fueled by "other school's players". So Ashland's tradition has been built on other school's players? The Ashland tradition started way back about 80 years ago, and the Ashland glory years continued into the 60's with players like Larry Conley etc, and has continued to grow to this day. So, please tell me all the "other school's players" we had back when we built our tradition of state championships.......

GIAT, you left yourself wide open in post no. 52. However, I'll leave it to other posters who have a knowledge of local basketball history to destroy your premise. However, Ashland's habitual use of "neighbors" and "imports" in building what it sees as a "tradition" is well documented.

I did notice in the 16th Region program that, for the 22 years that they were a part of this region, Clark County was the dominant team winning the championship 11 of those years with the best overall record of any team playing 20 or more games. by the way, Rose Hill, at 5-1, has the best oveall winning percentage. Rose Hill doesn't claim a "tradition". Those who claim a "tradition" are normally using it as a crutch for the fact that their season ended early.

I would like to see Hicks continue coaching in this region. Fleming County would be a good fit. He would be even closer to some good fishing venues.

GIAT, you left yourself wide open in post no. 52. However, I'll leave it to other posters who have a knowledge of local basketball history to destroy your premise. However, Ashland's habitual use of "neighbors" and "imports" in building what it sees as a "tradition" is well documented.

I did notice in the 16th Region program that, for the 22 years that they were a part of this region, Clark County was the dominant team winning the championship 11 of those years with the best overall record of any team playing 20 or more games. by the way, Rose Hill, at 5-1, has the best oveall winning percentage. Rose Hill doesn't claim a "tradition". Those who claim a "tradition" are normally using it as a crutch for the fact that their season ended early.

I would like to see Hicks continue coaching in this region. Fleming County would be a good fit. He would be even closer to some good fishing venues.

Thats fine. Bring it on. You can say what you want about RH being 5-1 in regional tournament play, but thats like saying the a kid who shot 3-3 from the free throw line in a season is the best free throw shooter in the state, compared to someone that was 100 for 115 during a season. Lets get this thread back on topic.

Most schools would love to have neighbors or imports, but like the winning tradition. Question for you, didn't Clark have a winning season, because of visiting neighbors or imports. My thought on fit, just because a shoe looks good, it doesn't mean it feels as good.

I hope that all the boys in the well known venues where Ashland partisans gather to meet, work, and play appreciate your blind faith and unquestioning support, GIAT. You really are a special fan.

From what I hear about the western end of the county controlling GCHS politics, I believe that Hicks needs to trump them by moving on before asked to do so. Hicks deserves a better situation than exists at Greenup County. In fact, any coach not from the South Shore area deserves a better situation. Do they really want to win in basketball? Surely, they want to be more than a "cheerleader school". I just hope he lands in this region and that he is successful- particularly against the Musketeers.

Actually, CSI Miami, all schools like imports and neighbors. It is just that some practice hypocrisy by claiming to be above such activity while continually expanding their rosters with such students.

Hicks likes to travel it seems. Owsley to Greenup to Fleming. Everyone must like the run an gun coach. Does anyone know his records???? Or does people just like the last name.

"Run and Gun"??? Maybe if you mean changing jobs!! If you mean on the court, he tried that style for about a season and then reveryted back to Randy Ward ball!

Id like to know where the good fishing venues are. Seems to me that Greenbo Lake is right up the road from Greenup Co.