Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

iPhone people: Need quick feedback

Featured Replies

6 is the better way to go. What plan are you on with ATT? One of the newer plans? do you get a discount through your employer. ATT came out with a new "Next" plan on Sunday that lowers the payments by about 5 dollars on the month. Worth doing depending on your plan.

 

 

I work at ATT so any questions you have you can PM me on here or post in the thread.

I'm going to go back out to my local ATT store in about 45 minutes to close the deal on a new phone. When I do the installment plan, there's not a big difference in price if I get a 5s or a 6.

 

I guess I'm looking for reasons not to just get the 6? I'm currently using a 3G, so whatever either of these phones were to throw at me would be new. Camera/video is not a consideration for me. For me, it's essentially a computer-on-the-go, so e-mail, text, Twitter, web surfing and good phone reception are my keys.

 

Give it to me hard and fast, BGP.

 

And I thought I was the only one still using a 3G. Granted mine is the 3GS.

I would opt for the 6, but you cannot find one around here. The wait is about 2+ weeks for the 6, and 3 to 4 for the Plus.

If you are set on sticking with the iPhone, go with the best one available.

I am hoping to get my new iphone before my overseas trip in January, just not sure on the size.

 

Who has the 6 plus? I wouldn't mind trying that one out but I'm thinking I may not like how big it is. Clyde like to pee on one leg, but I like to work on my phone with one hand.

I am hoping to get my new iphone before my overseas trip in January' date=' just not sure on the size. Who has the 6 plus? I wouldn't mind trying that one out but I'm thinking I may not like how big it is. Clyde like to pee on one leg, but I like to work on my phone with one hand.[/quote']

 

Get the 6, the plus is not ergonomic.

  • Author

Thanks to everybody who helped!

 

Just got it in via UPS today and have been working on getting contacts and apps from old phone moved over, as well as multiple phone updates.

  • Author

There doesn't appear to be a readily obvious way to manually close down apps with the iPhone 6. Any suggestions?

There doesn't appear to be a readily obvious way to manually close down apps with the iPhone 6. Any suggestions?

 

Double tap the home button and swipe the app you want to close up.

  • Author
Double tap the home button and swipe the app you want to close up.

 

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that doesn't seem to be working.

  • Author

OK, I figured it out -- I was doing it wrong, HB.

iphone just added Word, Excel and Power Point to their apps, which is really nice.
Actualy Microsoft just released Office for Mobile. Android got it as well.
OK, I figured it out -- I was doing it wrong, HB.

 

I don't have a 6 so I might have told you wrong. That's how it worked on my 5.

I don't have a 6 so I might have told you wrong. That's how it worked on my 5.

 

Works the same. Totally different than the 3G he had been using so probably why he was having trouble.

Works the same. Totally different than the 3G he had been using so probably why he was having trouble.

 

 

Wow. A 3G that works? He should air seal that in a package. Might be worth about the same as an Atari 2600 at this point.

 

#antique #vintagesmartphone

  • Author
Wow. A 3G that works? He should air seal that in a package. Might be worth about the same as an Atari 2600 at this point.

 

#antique #vintagesmartphone

 

I'll be putting it in the hands of a matching vintage couple perfectly suited for a slow phone like that — Mom and Dad.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.