Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 2014-15 over/unders

Featured Replies

I think this years' team could be more statistically impressive than the 1995-1996 team. With that said, how about these over/under totals for this years' team (not Vegas lines):

 

1. 91.6 points per game (95-96 teams' average)

 

2. +22.2 point per game differential (95-96 teams' average)

 

3. 9 100-point games (95-96 teams' total)

 

4. 129 points in a game (95-96 teams' high)

 

5. 38.5 wins (95-96 team had 2 losses in 36 games)

 

6. 54.1% FG (77-78 team...school record?)

 

7. +7 reb margin (11-12 team was less than +7)

 

8. 344 blocks (11-12 team...NCAA record?)

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Under

2. Over

3. Under

4. Under

5. Over

6. Over

7. Over

8. Under

I think this years' team could be more statistically impressive than the 1995-1996 team. With that said, how about these over/under totals for this years' team (not Vegas lines):

 

1. 91.6 points per game (95-96 teams' average)

 

2. +22.2 point per game differential (95-96 teams' average)

 

3. 9 100-point games (95-96 teams' total)

 

4. 129 points in a game (95-96 teams' high)

 

5. 38.5 wins (95-96 team had 2 losses in 36 games)

 

6. 54.1% FG (77-78 team...school record?)

 

7. +7 reb margin (11-12 team was less than +7)

 

8. 344 blocks (11-12 team...NCAA record?)

 

 

Bolded are the ones I like.

 

I think that the 9 100+ point games is probably the one I'd take if you put a gun to my head and make me pick.

I think they break the FG% record.

Teams don't score the way they did 20 years ago, so I think all the scoring ones would be under.

1. Under

2. Under

3. Under

4. Under

5. Under

6. Under

7. Over

8. Under

College teams just don't score 100 points that often anymore, so I take the under on 1, 3, & 4.

 

The one that I like the over on the most would be #7 and the rebounding margin.

  • Author
1. Under

2. Over

3. Under

4. Under

5. Over

6. Over

7. Over

8. Under

 

Like these. I think the scoring will be down because Cal's team won't play like Pitino's teams but the margin might be greater. Also, going to be hard to get that block shot record.

  • Author

Grand Canyon, Buffalo, Boston, Montana State, UT-Arlington, EKU, Columbia....which one is holding them under 100? That's 7 right there. Just something to think about. These games will skew the averages quite a bit. Another 5-6 games will be huge blow outs and potential for 100+.

Grand Canyon, Buffalo, Boston, Montana State, UT-Arlington, EKU, Columbia....which one is holding them under 100? That's 7 right there. Just something to think about. These games will skew the averages quite a bit. Another 5-6 games will be huge blow outs and potential for 100+.

 

These will also be platoon games, you ever sit for 4-5 minutes and not lose a little bit. The margins will be big but it will be the other teams scoring less, not UK scoring more.

1. 91.6 points per game (95-96 teams' average) UNDER

 

2. +22.2 point per game differential (95-96 teams' average) Over

 

3. 9 100-point games (95-96 teams' total) UNDER

 

4. 129 points in a game (95-96 teams' high) UNDER

 

5. 38.5 wins (95-96 team had 2 losses in 36 games) UNDER 38-2

 

6. 54.1% FG (77-78 team...school record?) UNDER

 

7. +7 reb margin (11-12 team was less than +7) Over

 

8. 344 blocks (11-12 team...NCAA record?) UNDER

.....UK basketball fans are off the rails with their expectations for this team.

 

Big time.

 

I think there are 5 or maybe 6 teams that are just on a different level talent-wise than the rest of the country. UK is one of those teams IMO, but I don't see them running roughshod over everyone this year like some are expecting.

  • Author

You guys don't think that this team can be as good as the 1995-96 team?

  • Author
Big time.

 

I think there are 5 or maybe 6 teams that are just on a different level talent-wise than the rest of the country. UK is one of those teams IMO, but I don't see them running roughshod over everyone this year like some are expecting.

 

So, if there are only 5 elite teams, and UK is one of them, how many games will they not be favored in? I'm guessing 1 or none. How are expectations too high?

So, if there are only 5 elite teams, and UK is one of them, how many games will they not be favored in? I'm guessing 1 or none. How are expectations too high?

 

When I say elite teams, I'm speaking of overall talent, but talent doesn't always lead to domination. UK had arguably the most talented roster a season ago, but the team struggled all the way up until the post season. John Wall's team had as much, if not more, talent than any team in 2009-10. But that group failed to even make the Final Four.

 

As an avid UK fan, I'm expecting a really good season from this team. I anticipate they will have a single digit ranking all year long. If I had to pick a national champ right now, I'd go with UK or Duke.

 

But I'm not expecting domination to the level of 1995-96. The original post asked about 8 statistical categories and 5 of them were compared to that historically elite team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.