35 members have voted

1. 1. Murray at Owensboro Catholic

• Murray (7-4)
    • Owensboro Catholic (10-1)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Murray has found there offense, putting up over 70 last week against a decent Union Co team. OB Catholics D has been suspect at best, this year, when playing the better teams. I think the Tigers OL will be able to control OBCs DL and put up a lot of points and Murrays D has been solid all year, and should be able to hold them down enough to win a close one.. Murray 42 OB Catholic 28

Besides OHS, no one has been able to slow down Owensboro Catholic's offense. The Aces have averaged 53 points per game in 11 outings. Compare that to 37 ppg for Murray. While Catholic has shown a bit of weakness on defense, Murray has as well. Union was able to put up 37 points on Murray. If Union can put up 37, Catholic should be able to double that. At the end of the day, I just think Catholic has to many weapons. Zuebrer has been deadly all season and I think he leads Catholic to a high scoring win. Gimmie Catholic 52-40.

This is the 5th year in a row Murray and OC have clashed in the playoffs with Murray taking the last 3 games over supposedly better OC teams. Lots of "ifs" to this game...but I see it shaping up like the 2011 game, where OC had high powered offense but Murray grinds the possessions and the clock to keep the OC offense off the field. However, OC has better overall skill positions than the 2011 team and if OC gets the lead and makes Murray play from behind, OC will win. OC 42-35

This is the 5th year in a row Murray and OC have clashed in the playoffs with Murray taking the last 3 games over supposedly better OC teams. Lots of "ifs" to this game...but I see it shaping up like the 2011 game, where OC had high powered offense but Murray grinds the possessions and the clock to keep the OC offense off the field. However, OC has better overall skill positions than the 2011 team and if OC gets the lead and makes Murray play from behind, OC will win. OC 42-35

IF anyone thought the 2013 OC team was better then Murray is crazy!!. Murray took a 10 point lead and Catholic came back. With under 3minutes to go in the game the score was 23-20. Catholic got the field goal blocked for a TD and then a pick six the next series.

In 2010 Murray was WAY better then OC and OC won.

This 2014 Murray team is better then OC in every shape and form.

Murray has better athletes and bigger kids then OC every year and they are always in a dog fight with them.

IF anyone thought the 2013 OC team was better then Murray is crazy!!. Murray took a 10 point lead and Catholic came back. With under 3minutes to go in the game the score was 23-20. Catholic got the field goal blocked for a TD and then a pick six the next series.

In 2010 Murray was WAY better then OC and OC won.

This 2014 Murray team is better then OC in every shape and form.

Murray has better athletes and bigger kids then OC every year and they are always in a dog fight with them.

There is some serious sandbagging going on here.:bag:

There is some serious sandbagging going on here.:bag:

let's see.....Catholic has WR;s that run 5.0 40's and Murray has kids that run 4.5 40's.

Catholic's OL/DL average around 210 and Murray's averages 280.

SO who has bigger and faster kids every year?

Sandbagging would be the other way around.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 9

let's see.....Catholic has WR;s that run 5.0 40's and Murray has kids that run 4.5 40's.

Catholic's OL/DL average around 210 and Murray's averages 280.

SO who has bigger and faster kids every year?

Sandbagging would be the other way around.

Uhhmmm - If Morton (WR) is healthly for OC, he runs probably a 4.4 40. He was the state runner up in the 100 in middle school. IMHO he is the key for Ocath....if he plays, I think Murray has a hard time.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 14

This game is becoming a huge playoff rivalry in 2A football in western Kentucky. Murray seems to be the kryptonite to OCath but the Aces feature a team this year that is very versatile and can beat you in multiple ways. Defensively, OCath has a tough time stopping the run. However I think OCath is going to make Murray try and beat them with the pass. If Murray can run the ball at will on OCath, then the Aces are in trouble. However, if OCath can make Murray throw a little, that drastically turns the tide in the Aces favor. Offensively, I see OCath being able to do pretty much whatever they want. Murray's defense isn't exactly stellar and OCath can be effective running or passing the ball. The only thing that can trip up OCath offensively is turnovers. If the Aces can stay away from that, they'l win.

At the end of the day, I see OCath's defense being able to make enough stops to get the job done.

Owensboro Catholic 63

Murray 42

Edited by devils58

Uhhmmm - If Morton (WR) is healthly for OC, he runs probably a 4.4 40. He was the state runner up in the 100 in middle school. IMHO he is the key for Ocath....if he plays, I think Murray has a hard time.

I heard he still hasn't been cleared from doctor. If he doesn't play then catholic has their 5.0 WR again.

But the Morton kid hasn't played since Mater Dei game. Which was like 1 series.

Catholic scored 68 points that game.

This game is becoming a huge playoff rivalry in 2A football in western Kentucky. Murray seems to be the kryptonite to OCath but the Aces feature a team this year that is very versatile and can beat you in multiple ways. Defensively, OCath has a tough time stopping the run. However I think OCath is going to make Murray try and beat them with the pass. If Murray can run the ball at will on OCath, then the Aces are in trouble. However, if OCath can make Murray throw a little, that drastically turns the tide in the Aces favor. Offensively, I see OCath being able to do pretty much whatever they want. Murray's defense isn't exactly stellar and OCath can be effective running or passing the ball. The only thing that can trip up OCath offensively is turnovers. If the Aces can stay away from that, they'l win.

At the end of the day, I see OCath's defense being able to make enough stops to get the job done.

If Murray does anything BUT run they are crazy. A shootout vs OC is not smart.

C

Owensboro Catholic 63

Murray 42

Bout fell out of my chair laughing,, No way OC Puts 63 points on Murray, you gotta be joking!