Ohio State 49 Michigan State 37

John Anthony

With that said they may be the best team in the country. The selection committee simply doesn't have a lot to base that on.

Nobody is being high and mighty simply my response to the OSU trolls. Sorry that the truth is inconvenient. OSU won't make the playoffs, I know that but as Urban's boys keep growing, the trolls will keep disappearing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JT is certainly going to make the 2015 QB situation interesting in Columbus.

Is Miller set to graduate before next season? If so is it a possibility that he does that graduate student transfer rule in place and decides to play elsewhere next year? I would have to think that Urban would go with the younger guy and not Miller.

Don't sweat it, have to figure the committee is pretty intelligent.

They certainly are and a whole lot smarter than myself. Imo, the playoff commitie members are smarter than a whole lot of haters / other bias people as well. Difference is, I will admit it.

One thing that would please me far more than the Buckeyes making the playoff (which this season too many things would have to happen) would be reading the rants, complaints, whining and crying on here if they would. :popcorn: :lol2:. Which, btw, is just an imo short matter of time, it's Not a question of "IF" , it's "When". Very possibly next season but that's a matter for then.

23 point favorite, you can keep putting lipstick on the pig but it's still a pig.

Could be that A&M were just being under estimated after playing their worst game in 3 years and then playing less than inspired last week.

A&M now has 3 losses, All to teams that were in the top 10 when they lost to them.

They certainly are and a whole lot smarter than myself. Imo, the playoff commitie members are smarter than a whole lot of haters / other bias people as well. Difference is, I will admit it.

One thing that would please me far more than the Buckeyes making the playoff (which this season too many things would have to happen) would be reading the rants, complaints, whining and crying on here if they would. :popcorn: :lol2:. Which, btw, is just an imo short matter of time, it's Not a question of "IF" , it's "When". Very possibly next season but that's a matter for then.

I see no likely scenario that would keep OSU out next year and it's getting harder and harder to see one that would keep them out this season.

Thought the Bucks played a good, not a great game, but a win is a win. JT Barrett is flat out scary for a freshman. A few comments from the prediction thread.

EyeIntheSky12209 - Give me Michigan St by two TD's

JDEaston - I'll take Mich St. By two td's as well.

Jim Shue - Sparty by 2 TDs.

Mark DantonioWe’ve got a win coming.

:scared: What somebody must have hacked my account, I would never say Michigan St over Ohio St by two TD's! :sarcastic:

Ok, so I'm lieing, I really thought MSU would pound it on the ground and then air it out, which they did. Just did not know Ohio St. would actually keep up with them.

Good victory Ohio St.:thumb:

Good news is the term "when we played them" is gone. Committee is monitoring Ws and Ls as the season goes on. Doesn't matter what LSU was rated, what matters is they are now a 3 loss team that will most likely lose another game, and wins vs a 4 loss team will be rightfully discounted. If Michigan State turns around and loses this weekend, the Ohio State W will be tainted. I like how this system is playing out. Too much predetermination by programmers of computer polls historically, this feels like a week to week eye ball test.

I don't think OSU is going to get in, but watching them now versus the Va Tech game is like watching two different teams. If you are taking the four best teams at the end of the season, I'm not sure OSU won't be one of those. They looks genuinely fast and the QB has come a long way!

I don't think OSU is going to get in' date=' but watching them now versus the Va Tech game is like watching two different teams. If you are taking the four best teams at the end of the season, I'm not sure OSU won't be one of those. They looks genuinely fast and the QB has come a long way![/quote']

Checks in the mail...

Florida State

TCU

Mississippi State/Alabama

Oregon/Arizona State

Baylor

Those are the teams that are still ahead of Ohio State. That's 7 of them. Unfortunately for Buckeye fans, they're going to need a whole hell of a lot of luck to get there.

Buckeye guy needs to root like hell for Miss St Saturday. They win, that gives Bama a second loss and drops them below Ohio State. Loser of Oregon State and Az St also out. That's two teams out automatically if that happens. Baylor may be ahead now, but if Ohio State wins out they will jump them. Really not that far fetched that 1 loss Buckeye team gets in. Hopefully they lose to Minnesota and end the madness, because their schedule after that is cup cake city