Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A: Mayfield or the Field?

Who Wins the 1A Title? 40 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins the 1A Title?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Lock your vote in.....

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't count Beechwood out this year, imo. I think it is a 2way race. However, Williamsburg could pull of a win in the championship game like Hazard did a few years ago if Beechwood and Mayfield beat each other up badly in the semis

The field. Williamsburg and Pikeville can beat mayfield.

The field. Williamsburg and Pikeville can beat Mayfield.

 

Not too sure about that. 42-0 in last years final means the Jackets had a long ways to go to be in the same league as Mayfield. 35-0 after 1 qtr says how dominant they really were.. I'm sure W.Burg is improved and Mayfield not quite as good, but, have they really made up that much ground.. I think Mayfield would still be about a 21 pt favorite at least. Don't know enough about Pikeville to make a big claim one way or the other. I will say they weren't good enough to get by Raceland last year and Raceland lost big to W'Burg, so, even with a huge improvement from last year, I'd think they'd also be a 21+ underdog should they get Mayfield in the finals.

 

I think Mayfield took Russellville's best shot 2 weeks ago on the road, and now that they'll likely rematch on the Cards home field, I think it'll be a little less competitive.. Has Frankfort made up 30 points from last year? This is the same team that easily beat Beechwood.. Will the home field advantage make up the 40-50 points from last year for the Beechies.. Doubtful..

 

After saying all this, I feel pretty confident that Mayfield still takes the title..

  • Author
Not too sure about that. 42-0 in last years final means the Jackets had a long ways to go to be in the same league as Mayfield. 35-0 after 1 qtr says how dominant they really were.. I'm sure W.Burg is improved and Mayfield not quite as good, but, have they really made up that much ground.. I think Mayfield would still be about a 21 pt favorite at least. Don't know enough about Pikeville to make a big claim one way or the other. I will say they weren't good enough to get by Raceland last year and Raceland lost big to W'Burg, so, even with a huge improvement from last year, I'd think they'd also be a 21+ underdog should they get Mayfield in the finals.

..

 

Totally feel like Mayfield is the team to beat for the title but if I was given 21 points with Pikeville this year I would be all over that.

 

Pikeville is a very good team this year.

Not too sure about that. 42-0 in last years final means the Jackets had a long ways to go to be in the same league as Mayfield. 35-0 after 1 qtr says how dominant they really were.. I'm sure W.Burg is improved and Mayfield not quite as good, but, have they really made up that much ground.. I think Mayfield would still be about a 21 pt favorite at least. Don't know enough about Pikeville to make a big claim one way or the other. I will say they weren't good enough to get by Raceland last year and Raceland lost big to W'Burg, so, even with a huge improvement from last year, I'd think they'd also be a 21+ underdog should they get Mayfield in the finals.

 

I think Mayfield took Russellville's best shot 2 weeks ago on the road, and now that they'll likely rematch on the Cards home field, I think it'll be a little less competitive.. Has Frankfort made up 30 points from last year? This is the same team that easily beat Beechwood.. Will the home field advantage make up the 40-50 points from last year for the Beechies.. Doubtful..

 

After saying all this, I feel pretty confident that Mayfield still takes the title..

 

Are using comparative scores to come up with a gap vs Beechwood for last year?

My only worry about Mayfield might, MIGHT be the trip to Beechwood. If they get past that one, which I think they will, I think they'll win comfortably in Bowling Green.

Are using comparative scores to come up with a gap vs Beechwood for last year?

 

Yep, Mayfield by 28 over Frankfort who beat Beechwood by 14.. IMO, Beechwood at 8-5 last year, was very average. The 8 wins included Cov Holy Cross, Holmes, Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue, Bracken Co, Paris and Lima, Oh.. Not exactly what I'd call a murderers row of victories. Other than a decent Lima team, none of those others had much of a pulse, the ones that did, beat them.. I do believe the Tigers are very much improved from last year, but, not convinced they've cut the gap enough to beat another very good Mayfield team.

I would take 21 and the East rep. 2014 is a different year.

I would take 21 and the East rep. 2014 is a different year.

 

So would I, but, the thread title is Mayfield or the field and all Mayfield has to do is win by 1.. The whole point about the 21 pts was due to the spread of last years game w/Williamsburg(42) and even giving them consideration for being improved and Mayfield not being quite as good and cutting the spread by 21.. That also gives Pikeville credit for being on an even field with Williamsburg, even though the Jackets were clearly the better team last year with more returning players on this years team. And while they've beaten a better schedule, the fact remains that W,Burg is still undefeated and those better wins mean nothing in a head to head game..

Mayfield simply due to the fact they are very good this year. Better defense than last year if you can believe that and they just are comfortable in Bowing Green. Many on this team have been here 3 and 4 times and that counts for a huge edge.

Yep, Mayfield by 28 over Frankfort who beat Beechwood by 14.. IMO, Beechwood at 8-5 last year, was very average. The 8 wins included Cov Holy Cross, Holmes, Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue, Bracken Co, Paris and Lima, Oh.. Not exactly what I'd call a murderers row of victories. Other than a decent Lima team, none of those others had much of a pulse, the ones that did, beat them.. I do believe the Tigers are very much improved from last year, but, not convinced they've cut the gap enough to beat another very good Mayfield team.

 

Really flawed logic. You are comparing scores from last year, with no regard to returning players or improvement? As silly as that is, BW lost to Cov Cath last year by 30, beat them this year by 15. Lost last year to Franklin County, no contest this year. BW is not even remotely like last years team, which was young and made up of mostly first year starters. Markedly better this year. Mayfield has struggled with teams this year they beat last year, including a loss to a mediocre McCracken team. No clue who wins the game, but only those who haven't seen BW play this year are dismissing them.

Really flawed logic. You are comparing scores from last year, with no regard to returning players or improvement? As silly as that is, BW lost to Cov Cath last year by 30, beat them this year by 15. Lost last year to Franklin County, no contest this year. BW is not even remotely like last years team, which was young and made up of mostly first year starters. Markedly better this year. Mayfield has struggled with teams this year they beat last year, including a loss to a mediocre McCracken team. No clue who wins the game, but only those who haven't seen BW play this year are dismissing them.

 

Good points Malibu if someone wants to do the compare the scores thing. It looks like Beechwood is a solid 45 points better than they were last year. UK fball fan's compare the scores spread is 42. So I guess that makes Beechwood a 3 point favorite over Mayfield?

:idunno:

Good points Malibu if someone wants to do the compare the scores thing. It looks like Beechwood is a solid 45 points better than they were last year. UK fball fan's compare the scores spread is 42. So I guess that makes Beechwood a 3 point favorite over Mayfield?

:idunno:

 

SSHHHHH!

 

that should bring them out of the woodwork!

Really flawed logic. You are comparing scores from last year, with no regard to returning players or improvement? As silly as that is, BW lost to Cov Cath last year by 30, beat them this year by 15. Lost last year to Franklin County, no contest this year. BW is not even remotely like last years team, which was young and made up of mostly first year starters. Markedly better this year. Mayfield has struggled with teams this year they beat last year, including a loss to a mediocre McCracken team. No clue who wins the game, but only those who haven't seen BW play this year are dismissing them.

 

and it doesn't take into account match-up problems or injuries.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.