Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 30 Newport Central Catholic 13

Featured Replies

If they can't take getting ripped a little now, they are going to be in a world of hurt when the graduate. A little criticism isn't the end of the world.....it's life.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47645[/ATTACH]

Whatever dude - criticize 'em person. Doing so on a forum viewed by "has been's" and "never will be's". What does it accomplish? Nothing, other than being a release for frustrated adults. Life lessons on BGP - awesome - thanks for the tutorial. I'm impressed by how hard you're fighting for your brethren. As I said earlier, I respect how NCC closes ranks and supports its own - time you did the same. If you want to rip - do so within the family.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they can't take getting ripped a little now, they are going to be in a world of hurt when the graduate. A little criticism isn't the end of the world.....it's life.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47645[/ATTACH]

 

Let's delve a little further...shall we? Are you telling me that the NCC coaching staff isn't on these kids to play better? NCC is a proud program - the envy of many in NKY. Do you really think they aren't being ripped on the sidelines, during practice or during film study when they make mistakes? Come on. But, I'm sure that extra "push" from some dude on BGP is gonna fix everything AND equip them with life lessons that they will cherish.

  • Author

NCC is down this year. You can't be great every year! Beechwood is just more talented. NCC will be back sooner than later!

Here is your game report.

 

Beechwood took the opening drive and marched down field for a quick opening score. Ethan Stringer ran it in from 14 yards out just 3 minutes into the game. Mario German added the extra point and just like that Beechwood led 7-0. New Cath went 3 and out and Beechwood came right back with another drive. This time Stringer scored on a 34 yard run, German added the extra point and it was 14-0 with 4:25 still left in the first quarter. New Cath fumbled giving Beechwood the ball at the 48 and this was starting look like it might get ugly. New Cath dug into the Thoroughbred pride bag and stopped Beechwood right there forcing a punt. Then NCC showed some life on offense with a couple first downs before being forced to punt.

 

Beechwood opened the second quarter with a big play as QB Kyle Fieger connected with Jonathon Stokes on a short completion which Stokes then used his speed to turn into a 64 yard TD play. The extra point was no good on a bobbled hold but the Tigers held a 20-0 lead with 11:28 to goin the half. New Cath put together a good drive and looked on their way to a score but a fumble at the 15 was recovered by Beechwood's Clay McHugh. Just a couple plays later NCC's Nate Enslen perfectly played a Fieger pass and picked it off at the 19. It was only the second INT thrown by Fieger this year and the first since the opening game of the season. Two plays later Clint Bartels put NCC on the board with a 16 yard TD run. Ryan Hans added the extra point making it 20-7 with 6:02 to go in the half. Beechwood made a big play on their next drive when Fieger connected with Bret Finck on a long pass play with one man to beat for the score. As Finck tried to make a cut and stiff arm past Ben Barbara, Barbara grabbed the ball out of Finck's hands and took off the other direction. A few plays later as New Cath called a play, Beechwood safety Ethan Stringer stepped up to the line and seemed to point and call out the play he thought NCC was going to run. Sure enough NCC threw a little swing pass right where Stringer had pointed. Two Beechwood linemen ran straight to the spot and were perfectly positioned and ready to make the tackle. It didn't matter. Jacob Smith made a couple quick cuts past the waiting defenders then showed his speed and sprinted down the sideline for a 45 yard score on the short pass from QB Patrick Henschen. Beechwood knew what the play was, had it perfectly defended and Smith still turned it into a TD. NCC's extra point try was no good and the score was now 20-13 with 2:57 left. Beechwood was not going to let that go unanswered. They moved the ball into NCC territory but the drive ended on a fumble at the 38. NCC tried a couple plays but facing 3rd and long with about 30 seconds left, the Breds chose to let the clock run out on the half.

 

NCC received the second half kickoff and picked up a couple first downs to move into Beechwood territory. Then on a 3rd down play, Beechwood came up with a big sack to knock the ball loose and recovered the fumble at their own 47. Fieger then found Stokes again and Stokes once again turned the short pass into a TD scoring from 47 yards out. German's extra point made it 27-13 and Beechwood was back in control. Both teams striggled to move the ball on the next few possessions going 3 and out.

 

Then as the fourth quarter opened, Beechwood put together a few good plays before Fieger found Grant Plageman open on a long pass with Plageman being tackled at about the 12 yard line. That tackle saved some points as NCC's defense kept BW out of the end zone. The Tigers settled for the 26 yard field goal by German that made it a 3 score lead, 30-13 with 9 minutes to go. NCC again found some offense and moved the ball downfield before a couple penalties put them into too big a hole to overcome. The Breds were stopped on downs at the 35. Beechwood kept it on the ground to try and run out the clock but they were finally forced to punt. The Breds again moved the ball but time ran out.

 

FINAL SCORE ..... Beechwood 30 Newport Central Catholic 13

Whatever dude - criticize 'em person. Doing so on a forum viewed by "has been's" and "never will be's". What does it accomplish? Nothing, other than being a release for frustrated adults. Life lessons on BGP - awesome - thanks for the tutorial. I'm impressed by how hard you're fighting for your brethren. As I said earlier, I respect how NCC closes ranks and supports its own - time you did the same. If you want to rip - do so within the family.

 

What's up with this. I have been on here for several years and always understood no individual criticism and names mentioned negatively. Position groups in football, such as, the OL protection wasn't very good or in basketball the bigs didn't rebound or the guards had too many turnovers has always been ok. Never thought anything wrong with it. I respectfully think if you can't take it, maybe drop BGP.

 

If I don't like Fox News, I don't watch it, If I don't like a certain restaurant, I don't go.

 

You just watch if an individual player is talked about negatively and criticized harshly, many, many on here will take that person to task.

 

The "has beens" and "never will be's" is just way off base due to the vast majority never talk about their lack of athletic prowess.

 

I hope you find your 'happy place" soon. Because it appears you are not getting it here.

NCC is down this year. You can't be great every year! Beechwood is just more talented. NCC will be back sooner than later!

 

May be down but could still get to state. Beechwood is good but not great I like Ncc chances to get to state then Beechwood cause Mayfield gets in their way. Just my opinion. Good luck to both teams in playoffs

What's up with this. I have been on here for several years and always understood no individual criticism and names mentioned negatively. Position groups in football, such as, the OL protection wasn't very good or in basketball the bigs didn't rebound or the guards had too many turnovers has always been ok. Never thought anything wrong with it. I respectfully think if you can't take it, maybe drop BGP.

 

If I don't like Fox News, I don't watch it, If I don't like a certain restaurant, I don't go.

 

You just watch if an individual player is talked about negatively and criticized harshly, many, many on here will take that person to task.

 

The "has beens" and "never will be's" is just way off base due to the vast majority never talk about their lack of athletic prowess.

 

I hope you find your 'happy place" soon. Because it appears you are not getting it here.

 

Maybe you're right BM, maybe you're right. For the record, he didn't say "the secondary didn't defend the pass", or " the pass rush wasn't getting home" - he said "the secondary is "awful". If that's cool on BGP, then maybe you're right BM. Thanks for the counsel.

Let's delve a little further...shall we? Sure, let's.

 

Are you telling me that the NCC coaching staff isn't on these kids to play better? I'm sure they are.

 

NCC is a proud program - the envy of many in NKY. Without question.

 

Do you really think they aren't being ripped on the sidelines, during practice or during film study when they make mistakes? I would think they are.

 

Therefore, the comments we are making should be no problem for them to handle. :ohbrother:

Therefore, the comments we are making should be no problem for them to handle. :ohbrother:

 

OK - you have missed my primary point. My point is that this forum, IMO, is not appropriate for vehemently singling out a very small group of players. Referring to a unit - totally understand. Calling a group of 5-7 (probably more like 4-5) "awful" - I think is off-base.

 

Further, I think justifying it as a life lesson is off as well. Especially when you have the following forums to do so:

 

1. Coaching Staff to address deficiencies

2. As a parent - discuss with your son and his friends (if applicable)

3. If you are not a coach or parent - go to the coach or AD and request a meeting with the head coach, or position coach and light 'em up all you want

 

I have no idea whether or not the kids can or can't handle your comments. I don't care. If the coach's are handling it, while pile on? Or, said another way, if you have a problem with a small group of kids, why not address with them in a productive forum?

Whatever dude - criticize 'em person. What does it accomplish? Nothing, other than being a release for frustrated adults.

 

You get ZERO "sugarcoating" from me, nothing but honest OPINIONS. Team plays great, they get a world of praise and deservingly so. On the other hand, stink it up.........be ready for it then.

I will also reiterate a comment I have made more than once tonight. I have always admired how the NCC community closes ranks and backs its own. I certainly see that in spades tonight, with several folks rallying to defend the original post. Good for you. I hope you do the same for your fine football program.

 

For the record - I'm not a "everyone gets a trophy guy". I have played for some of the toughest SOBs in NKY. Trust me, I get it.

You get ZERO "sugarcoating" from me, nothing but honest OPINIONS. Team plays great, they get a world of praise and deservingly so. On the other hand, stink it up.........be ready for it then.

 

"Team" = OK. Small position group = not OK.

Again, another final game thread that took a wrong somewhere near Albuquerque.

 

I think we all know where we each of us stand, so let's get back to game discussion only....PLEASE.

Fair enough - good luck NCC.

 

Note to secondary and any parents of the secondary that are viewing this...um, crud - chins up - keep playing hard. If DB was easy, everybody would be doin it. Unfortunately, when DB's make mistakes, it typically results in big plays and/or scores - easy target.

 

I know, spoken like a former DB - guilty as charged.

I was at the game this evening, always had the upmost respect for the way NCC runs their programs. They are a couple Pangallo's and a Sanfoss short this year. No. 3 has some great moves tonight!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.