Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 30 Newport Central Catholic 13

Featured Replies

  • Replies 67
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck NCC - some of your boosters have a misplaced opinion of what "guts" means.

Beechwood looked impressive. On another note, what in hell was Coach Wagner thinking just before halftime? With the momentum the Breds were riding on from the second touchdown scored and getting the ball back, YOU MUST PLAY TO WIN. A minute to go near midfield with all timeouts and you say lets go to the locker room, your man card should be taken away.

 

IMO, that completely changed the momentum of the game for New Cath, even if still down by 7. When you are riding high, you should stay with it.

Good luck NCC - some of your boosters have a misplaced opinion of what "guts" means.

 

Thank you. Obviously there were some issues tonight but NCC put theirselves in good field position tonight several times but couldn't capitalize. Praying for good news with Enslens injury..

Good luck NCC - some of your boosters have a misplaced opinion of what "guts" means.

 

No clue what this means. Can you clue us in?

 

No clue what this means. Can you clue us in?

 

It's a carry over from the update thread.

No clue what this means. Can you clue us in?

See game update thread. I'm relatively new to BGP - if I'm off - please advise. PM would be fine.

As I said before, throw the records out the window, Beechwood looked impressive after a so so second qtr, newcath is a tough physical team, as you would expect. Good luck to both teams heading into the playoffs.

See game update thread. I'm relatively new to BGP - if I'm off - please advise. PM would be fine.

 

I'm the biggest NewCath supporter on this board, and I've said far worse than what blueandgold said, and trust me they all know who I am. However, I feel blueandgold's frustration.

 

Hopefully the coaching staff can remedy some of the issues, or IMHO, they will be lucky to make the State Semi-Finals, let alone Bowling Green.

I get JJD wanting to make sure kids do not get bashed. Heck, I've been suspended before while defending Holmes kids.

 

However, I think it's fair to criticize a unit. If CCH can't stop the run and I say CCH D stinks I don't think that's over the line. Heck, most of the players could be doing their job but AS A UNIT they may stink it up. Conner's D certainly got the "stinks" moniker early in the season. I don't think that's unfair.

Only other things I will say about this one.....

 

Beechwood was REAL good tonight, look out 1A. :thumb:

 

NewCath's Jr. Maleek Lawrence is one hell of a football player. The young man's name was called on the PA all night, had to be in on EVERY tackle it seemed. You had Brady Thacker, then Jack Sutkamp,......now it's Maleek Lawrence. :ylsuper:

 

Nice games from NewCath's Jake Smith & Nate Enslen.

Very nice win for the Tigers! NCC sounds like it has some work to do if it plans any type of playoff run.

I get JJD wanting to make sure kids do not get bashed. Heck, I've been suspended before while defending Holmes kids.

 

However, I think it's fair to criticize a unit. If CCH can't stop the run and I say CCH D stinks I don't think that's over the line. Heck, most of the players could be doing their job but AS A UNIT they may stink it up. Conner's D certainly got the "stinks" moniker early in the season. I don't think that's unfair.

Agreed - BUT - he didn't rip the D - he ripped the secondary. Read the post - called them "awful". Then, another poster called the post "gutsy". "Gutsy" would be telling the team what he thinks, or, telling the parents of the secondary what he thinks. In every football player's vocabulary, secondary means DBs. At a "2A" school like NCC, how many DBs do they play? 5-7 at most? Rip the D or rip the pass D - singling out a position group - IMO - too much.

Deferring to EyeOfTheTiger for a full report. :thumb:

Agreed - BUT - he didn't rip the D - he ripped the secondary. Read the post - called them "awful". Then, another poster called the post "gutsy". "Gutsy" would be telling the team what he thinks, or, telling the parents of the secondary what he thinks. In every football player's vocabulary, secondary means DBs. At a "2A" school like NCC, how many DBs do they play? 5-7 at most? Rip the D or rip the pass D - singling out a position group - IMO - too much.

 

If they can't take getting ripped a little now, they are going to be in a world of hurt when the graduate. A little criticism isn't the end of the world.....it's life.

 

pat.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.