Cardinals OF Killed in Car Wreck

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yordano Ventura is dedicating his start tonight to Taveras, as they were buddies and fellow countrymen. As if I needed another reason to be pulling hard for the Royals and this kid.

On a side note, if you haven't watched this kid pitch yet, do yourself a favor and tune in. Absolutely electric stuff. This is Chapman starting and with a nasty tight curve and good change.

Saw some very emotional pictures of his funeral, including Alredo Simon very torn up.

The tribute from The Cardinals was beautiful. Also read that Matheny's kids wore Taveras jersey to school and no one said a word (it's a uniform school).

On the flip side, the picture of his dead body in the morgue that is floating around is so disturbing and heartbreaking, but a great way to scare your teen or young adult (it scared me!) into never texting or forgetting to wear a seatbelt again. (He wasn't texting, that I know of, but he was speeding and not wearing a seat belt.)

Saw some very emotional pictures of his funeral, including Alredo Simon very torn up.

The tribute from The Cardinals was beautiful. Also read that Matheny's kids wore Taveras jersey to school and no one said a word (it's a uniform school).

On the flip side, the picture of his dead body in the morgue that is floating around is so disturbing and heartbreaking, but a great way to scare your teen or young adult (it scared me!) into never texting or forgetting to wear a seatbelt again. (He wasn't texting, that I know of, but he was speeding and not wearing a seat belt.)

I haven't seen the last photo you mention and have no desire to.

However, the tribute by STL was very nice and to hear that nobody said anything to the little Mathenys is awesome. The pictures I've seen of his funeral and all the people is just amazing. He will be missed.

Carlos Martinez lost it at the funeral and had to be restrained. Apparently he was trying to grow as a Professional this off season and wanted Oscar (his best friend) to go through it with him. He tried to get Oscar to come stay with him last weekend and Oscar said yeah but kept pushing it back. Martinez said he had a bad feeling about it and sure enough... Really feel for the kid.

• 2 weeks later...