Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pick 1...Famous Jameis or Johnny Football?

Featured Replies

Jameis as a football player is a player that I would put in charge of a franchise. Jameis as a non-football player is the complete opposite. I think if the guy would stay clean, he has every trait you want in a football player. I think he would be a top 10 QB in the league. Will be very interesting to follow his career.
Think about that. In charge of a FRANCHISE. That is what Winston will become. As a player, physically speaking, he has it. But being the leader of an NFL franchise becomes way too much for some guys to handle. He gets by now on being more talented than the field. At the NFL QBing level it is another level of maturity he has come nowhere close to exhibiting. I think it is a big reason it took Cam a few years to start to come in to his own. In fairness to Manziel, once last season got started that was all you heard from him. With Winston it is one thing after the next and a continuous lingering cloud.
  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think about that. In charge of a FRANCHISE. That is what Winston will become. As a player, physically speaking, he has it. But being the leader of an NFL franchise becomes way too much for some guys to handle. He gets by now on being more talented than the field. At the NFL QBing level it is another level of maturity he has come nowhere close to exhibiting. I think it is a big reason it took Cam a few years to start to come in to his own. In fairness to Manziel, once last season got started that was all you heard from him. With Winston it is one thing after the next and a continuous lingering cloud.

 

You raise an extremely valid point. Which is why if I'm a team that needs a QB this year from the draft I'm offering up an RG3 like deal to grab Mariota. Even better is the fact that my Jags might secure the number 1 draft choice. Gimme those picks please.

Think about Winston now. Now think about Winston, only that he's made a millionaire and doesn't have the same structure that he does in college. I'll take Manziel, not because I think he's more talented, but because I don't think Winston can handle the NFL lifestyle. I also wonder how he'll adjust to NFL defenses. Jameis has size, speed, and arm strength, but I'm wondering if he'll adjust to the eat, sleep, breathe football mentality you just have to have at that level.

^ That being said if Texans hypothecially draft top 10 next year and Mariota is off the board do you think they'd risk it for Winston?

If I had to pick between the two, it's Winston and really it isn't even a choice. I've never thought that Manziel's game was well suited for the NFL.

^ That being said if Texans hypothecially draft top 10 next year and Mariota is off the board do you think they'd risk it for Winston?

 

God I hope not.

 

I think that if the Brady rumors are true and New England is going to rebuild and go in another direction, then Houston and Arizona are two prime teams where he could be the missing piece.

Vince Young 2.0

 

Disagree. Vince Young wasn't a good enough player. If Winston doesn't make it then it will likely be because of something stupid off the field.

God I hope not.

 

I think that if the Brady rumors are true and New England is going to rebuild and go in another direction, then Houston and Arizona are two prime teams where he could be the missing piece.

 

What Brady rumors?

God I hope not.

 

I think that if the Brady rumors are true and New England is going to rebuild and go in another direction, then Houston and Arizona are two prime teams where he could be the missing piece.

 

From a Jaguars fan stand point, I am all for Winston to the Texans. I though would be really shocked if Brady was let go from the Pats.

  • Author

Of course we have no idea of how good or bad Jameis may be in the NFL. There have been tons of can't miss College QB's that put up great numbers, won awards, led winning teams and couldn't complete a pass in the NFL.

Disagree. Vince Young wasn't a good enough player. If Winston doesn't make it then it will likely be because of something stupid off the field.

 

Everyone thought VY was a lock back then as well. All the shoulda won the Heisman especially after the NC game, etc. VY had the skills, he was just a mouth breather , much like Winston

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.