NKY Coaches Poll

NKY Bandit

Yes! But Highlands fans will use the Ryle game against SK and totally dismiss the score differential in their game against the Camels and SK's game against the Camels. You can't have it both ways.

I would think that the Camels should have been a better team in their 6th game of the season against SK then they were their first game of the season against Highlands.

And secondly, do you really think it was ONLY HHS fans using Ryle? If I recall, there were very few HHS fans even talking about it. Including me that day. You just don't want to recognize that. It's all about the HHS fans for you and SK. They just ignore the others by choice.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, read the post right below yours. I was typing that as you were typing yours. Dismiss over looking, nope.

You have to many "yeah buts" in your post to take what you post seriously. You are way to biased. Just so you know, football games are 4 quarters.

Yes! But Highlands fans will use the Ryle game against SK and totally dismiss the score differential in their game against the Camels and SK's game against the Camels. You can't have it both ways.

I would think that the Camels should have been a better team in their 6th game of the season against SK then they were their first game of the season against Highlands.

Maybe you're right...But is it possible HHS is unbelievably better than they were in their first game? Also, is it possible there is so much film out there on CC now (after 6 games) that their one dimensional offense is easily dissected now. And they were plenty of unknowns in their first game. You can twist it anyway you want.

You have to many "yeah buts" in your post to take what you post seriously. You are way to biased. Just so you know, football games are 4 quarters.

And it's really funny that you call out the "yea, buts" when the post I was responding to was yours and it starts with "Yes! But...." Hilarious!!!!!:lol:

Wow! If HHS loses to the Fla school, do we have a new leader?

I think people are really anxious to replace HHS at the top and a loss to the Florida team and we will see a new NKY leader. If this Florida team proves to be a very good team, I do not think it will justify HHS dropping in the NKY poll. If this team shows they are better than HHS or SK, how do you justify a drop? However, I do not think many in the HHS fan base really care too much about the rankings and just the end results.

The Florida team Highlands is playing is one of the top 20 teams in the entire state of Florida. If they were in Kentucky, they would be ranked in the top 5 in the entire state. By ranking, the Florida team is better than St. X, Manual, Scott Co. to name a few - not ranked as high as Male or Bowling Green. Personally, I don't ding Highlands if they lose to that team.

The Florida team Highlands is playing is one of the top 20 teams in the entire state of Florida. If they were in Kentucky, they would be ranked in the top 5 in the entire state. By ranking, the Florida team is better than St. X, Manual, Scott Co. to name a few - not ranked as high as Male or Bowling Green. Personally, I don't ding Highlands if they lose to that team.

The real question is, is how good is the #20 team in Florida.

I remember a lot of hype about how good last years Florida team was that played highlands leading up to the game and it turned out they weren't really that great.

Not saying this team is bad or not, just saying last year HHS fans had a habit of talking up the team a lot more than they deserved in order to make the win impressive.

Just sayin.

The real question is, is how good is the #20 team in Florida.

I remember a lot of hype about how good last years Florida team was that played highlands leading up to the game and it turned out they weren't really that great.

Not saying this team is bad or not, just saying last year HHS fans had a habit of talking up the team a lot more than they deserved in order to make the win impressive.

Just sayin.

Not at all. That team was coming off a FL state championship and ended up 9-3 last year. They simply were not ready for the HHS fast paced offense and ran out of gas. They certainly had some skilled players. Nobody in KY knows how good a FL team is, we can only guess but I think the tendency is to give a lot more benefit of doubt to a team from FL as we all assume the football is better there than KY. Many of us anyway.

Not at all. That team was coming off a FL state championship and ended up 9-3 last year. They simply were not ready for the HHS fast paced offense and ran out of gas. They certainly had some skilled players. Nobody in KY knows how good a FL team is, we can only guess but I think the tendency is to give a lot more benefit of doubt to a team from FL as we all assume the football is better there than KY. Many of us anyway.

Is when claims are made about how much better a Florida team is than Ky teams are that bothers me. If there was proof such as this team beat Male or BG then we could have something to go off but to just make an assumption that this particular team would be a top 5 team in KY is pure speculation that is only used to pump up the egos of HHS fans when HHS wins or to use as an excuse if they lose.

Also I think it's really a big assumption to think a #20 team in Florida would be ranked in the top 5 In Ky. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever to make a statement like that.

If the Florida team is truly a top 20 Florida team then I think its a fair statement. Florida is in the major leagues of high school football, we in KY are at about the Double A level.

Is when claims are made about how much better a Florida team is than Ky teams are that bothers me. If there was proof such as this team beat Male or BG then we could have something to go off but to just make an assumption that this particular team would be a top 5 team in KY is pure speculation that is only used to pump up the egos of HHS fans when HHS wins or to use as an excuse if they lose.

My guess he was using some type of national rating but I really don't know and they're not worth anything anyway when it comes time to take the field. Seems like there were numbers or rankings floating around in threads recently. That said, I agree that we really can't tell ahead of the game as we have no kind of reference point.