NKY Coaches Poll

NKY Bandit

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marksberry kept changing his number, moving from one hotel to another, and wearing groucho marx glasses. I think they finally corralled him though.

Is it too early, seeing how this season isn't over yet, to say I can't wait until next year? I'm kind of looking forward to a certain fan's reaction to the game.

Is it too early, seeing how this season isn't over yet, to say I can't wait until next year? I'm kind of looking forward to a certain fan's reaction to the game.

Will make the off season go quicker. Lots of fun coming. Good thing for HHS that we have 27 D1 players on next year's team.

I think SK has already made a pretty strong argument to be #1 right now. SK and Highlands are a whole lot closer than many want to believe.

3td difference this year...HHS over SK. Just my opinion. I'm sure you have yours.

They struggle badly against Ryle and we don't hear a peep and now they beat Camp Co (who absolutely let the wheels fall off in the third qtr) and here we go again! Not sure if you were at the game, but CC was shoving the opening drive of the 3rd right down the Pioneers throat heading in to take the lead and they fumbled. Two plays later, SK runs for a long TD. CC never recovered mentally. Couple other long runs and it was all she wrote. Honestly, neiter team impressed me enough to say either one will make any kind of run. Sure, some nice players on both teams really, but It just wasn't very good football. IMO. Sloppy. Maybe if wasn't a great game for SK. I've only seen them once this year and I know that may not be how they typically play.

3td difference this year...HHS over SK. Just my opinion. I'm sure you have yours.

They struggle badly against Ryle and we don't hear a peep and now they beat Camp Co (who absolutely let the wheels fall off in the third qtr) and here we go again! Not sure if you were at the game, but CC was shoving the opening drive of the 3rd right down the Pioneers throat heading in to take the lead and they fumbled. Two plays later, SK runs for a long TD. CC never recovered mentally. Couple other long runs and it was all she wrote. Honestly, neiter team impressed me enough to say either one will make any kind of run. Sure, some nice players on both teams really, but It just wasn't very good football. IMO. Sloppy. Maybe if wasn't a great game for SK. I've only seen them once this year and I know that may not be how they typically play.

SK played horrible against Ryle and was over looking them and still got the win. SK dominated against the Camels. The Camels leading rusher had 53 yards. SK had their JV in the game on the Camels second score in the 4th.

I didn't expect anything different!

SK played horrible against Ryle and was over looking them and still got the win. SK dominated against the Camels. The Camels leading rusher had 53 yards. SK had their JV in the game on the Camels second score in the 4th.

Could this same argument not be made for Highlands first game against Campbell County? Honestly it really does not matter in the long run because who really cares if you win a coach's poll or not. Hopefully NKY has teams advance to the finals in 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A and 6A because that would mean a heck of a lot more than winning the Enquirer coach poll.

Funny you say that the JV was in. Maybe on defense, but not on offense. Powell scored the last td for SK in the middle of the 4th up 4 1/2 scores. Can you explain why he's even in the game at that point. Actually, I've seen two games in the last two years and in both games, it felt like SK likes to try and run up the score on teams. Last year at CC, with a minute and a half and up three tds, Kuntz is airing it out 50 yards down field. They completed one and got to the 5. Guess what the next play was? A pass for a td with under a minute up 3 scores. So I started asking fans of other schools "Is it me and just the two games I saw or does it feel like SK runs up the score when they have opportunities?" They all answered "they will run it up if they get the chance!" That was like 5 different opinions...not HHS and not the same schools. Maybe they take starters out against other teams. I don't know first hand because I've only seen them play Camp co, but it sure feels like they do it against Camp and apparently other fans feel the same way.

And yes, the final score indicates that you smashed CC. But I was there and know that you returned the opening kickoff and got a field goal in the first half as time was running out when CC was in a prevent (which I don't know why). And SK scored on long runs. And they scored late in the game when the starters shouldn't have been in anyway. So yes, the score looks like a beatdown. But it was really only a beatdown for some of the third and part of the 4th. I'm not so sure CC even had their starters in on Powells last td. They were down 4 and a half tds. So call it what you want, but that game could have been much closer if Camp hadn't lost their heads!

Don't get me wrong, I was impressed with some of the individuals on SK. But as a whole, I thought the game was sloppy on both sides.

I didn't expect anything different!

I only speak the truth. Sorry you don't like my opinion. Have you seen HHS play? Have you seen SK play? It's truly what I believe would happen. Sorry you don't like it. I'm sure the other fans do not either. If makes no difference that I'm a HHS fan. If I were a Bellevue fan and went and watched both teams as a football fan, I'd feel exactly the same way. You don't have to agree.

Could this same argument not be made for Highlands first game against Campbell County? Honestly it really does not matter in the long run because who really cares if you win a coach's poll or not. Hopefully NKY has teams advance to the finals in 1A, 2A, 4A, 5A and 6A because that would mean a heck of a lot more than winning the Enquirer coach poll.

Yes! But Highlands fans will use the Ryle game against SK and totally dismiss the score differential in their game against the Camels and SK's game against the Camels. You can't have it both ways.

I would think that the Camels should have been a better team in their 6th game of the season against SK then they were their first game of the season against Highlands.

I can see that happening. I really can. And yes, SK dominated CC for about a quarter. And yes, their leading rusher was held down, but they moved the ball just as well as SK for 3 of the 4 qtrs. And most of SK's yardage came on long runs and break aways after the wheels fell completely off for the Camels. Also, CC had a td pass called back for a holding or something. So yes, the score looks really bad, but I wouldn't pull a Ryle game and overlook them in the playoffs if they get there and straighten out their head games.

Yes! But Highlands fans will use the Ryle game against SK and totally dismiss the score differential in their game against the Camels and SK's game against the Camels. You can't have it both ways.

I would think that the Camels should have been a better team in their 6th game of the season against SK then they were their first game of the season against Highlands.

Huh, read the post right below yours. I was typing that as you were typing yours. Dismiss over looking, nope.