Simon Kenton 63 Oldham 55

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck SK.... you will need an unbelievable effort tonight.... stop Slaughter and you win... tough task but it is possible.

Watching Shelby play last night, they have a lot more than Slaughter. He is sensational though. I think SK's chances hinge on one of the seniors, who probably will be guarding Slaughter.

I watched Grant play SK three times and Shelby two times. Clearly the best two teams in the region. Shelby is the most athletic team I have seen in the eighth region including the state champs of Shelby in 78 and the great Scott County teams in the late 90's. What is overlooked though is that they are skilled as well. They shoot the ball well and the guards do a nice job distributing to the big men.

The key for SK will be making shots from the perimeter. It is difficult to get much going from the inside because of the size and athleticism of Shelby's post players. Even if Hester breaks down the defense and gets to the rim he will be challenged on the shot and if he dishes Shelby has more than one interior player who will challenge the SK player receiving the ball. Shelby is susceptible to the ball fake.

I think SK will handle the pressure from Shelby when it comes. Shelby uses the press to score in bunches. However, unlike Scott County's red heat or LexCath's 2-2-1 press Shelby will abandon the press if SK starts breaking it down.

Officiating could play a big role especially on the glass. If the refs let em play on the offensive glass SK will have to do a great job of blocking out. Shelby has 3-4 kids that will play above the rim.

I think most of us here in Brave country would like to see the 32nd district prevail. Good luck pioneers. You have the team that could beat the Rockets.

I watched Grant play SK three times and Shelby two times. Clearly the best two teams in the region. Shelby is the most athletic team I have seen in the eighth region including the state champs of Shelby in 78 and the great Scott County teams in the late 90's. What is overlooked though is that they are skilled as well. They shoot the ball well and the guards do a nice job distributing to the big men.

The key for SK will be making shots from the perimeter. It is difficult to get much going from the inside because of the size and athleticism of Shelby's post players. Even if Hester breaks down the defense and gets to the rim he will be challenged on the shot and if he dishes Shelby has more than one interior player who will challenge the SK player receiving the ball. Shelby is susceptible to the ball fake.

I think SK will handle the pressure from Shelby when it comes. Shelby uses the press to score in bunches. However, unlike Scott County's red heat or LexCath's 2-2-1 press Shelby will abandon the press if SK starts breaking it down.

Officiating could play a big role especially on the glass. If the refs let em play on the offensive glass SK will have to do a great job of blocking out. Shelby has 3-4 kids that will play above the rim.

I think most of us here in Brave country would like to see the 32nd district prevail. Good luck pioneers. You have the team that could beat the Rockets.

That was beautiful. I believe that Hester will have a big game tonight, he lives for these kind of situations. But it will take much more than one player to beat a team of this caliber. How big is Slaughter? Will Shambach be most likely to match up with him, as he is our best defender?

That was beautiful. I believe that Hester will have a big game tonight, he lives for these kind of situations. But it will take much more than one player to beat a team of this caliber. How big is Slaughter? Will Shambach be most likely to match up with him, as he is our best defender?

Slaughter is about 6'1" or 6'2" , I think, as you say"Phila, thrilla" is the key to the game. We need the senior to play his best to have a chance. :D

:mad:

That is until tonight... Haven't missed an eighth region title game in 20 yrs., not going tonight gonna go watch the local barber cut some hair. That will be more interesting than watching SC destroy sk.

:laugh: Even if that happens, you should consult a physican. The rest of the world is not mad at you !:sssh:

That is until tonight... Haven't missed an eighth region title game in 20 yrs., not going tonight gonna go watch the local barber cut some hair. That will be more interesting than watching SC destroy sk.

Wow, this sounds like the biggest mismatch in the history of the storied 8th region finals. I apologize we aren't worthy enough for the almighty Rockets, I'm sure there were a few like you back in '54 when Milan defeated SB Central.

You were sorely missed I'm sure, bet the barber was happy though. :flame:

Great call on this one too.:rolleyes:

Good thing you witnessed the 99 final; Scott County 83 Shelby 59.

The 00 final looks like a classic as well. Let's see it was Scott County 78 Shelby 53.

Sounds like some must see basketball to me. You seem to really evaluate teams well. :creepy: