Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Husain Abdullah Penalty

Featured Replies

I missed his interception return for a touchdown but apparently he was given a penalty for praying after scoring. It's obvious his religion (he's a Muslim) and there is a firestorm on Twitter.

 

Subject of the tweet I have seen the most:

 

"Tebow never was penalized for praying. The NFL hates Muslims."

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed his interception return for a touchdown but apparently he was given a penalty for praying after scoring. It's obvious his religion (he's a Muslim) and there is a firestorm on Twitter.

 

Subject of the tweet I have seen the most:

 

"Tebow never was penalized for praying. The NFL hates Muslims."

Did Tebow ever pray in the endzone after a score?

Rule 12 Section III Article 1(d) of the rulebook prohibits celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground. There are exceptions for religious display. Abdullah was penalized for sliding with both knees into the prayer. There is no story here, everyone including Abdullah (at least last night) agrees it was a penalty, but he won't be fined.

Uh Oh, our Embassay better be prepared.

  • Author
Did Tebow ever pray in the endzone after a score?

 

Wasn't he praying when he Tebowed?

  • Author
Rule 12 Section III Article 1(d) of the rulebook prohibits celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground. There are exceptions for religious display. Abdullah was penalized for sliding with both knees into the prayer. There is no story here, everyone including Abdullah (at least last night) agrees it was a penalty, but he won't be fined.

 

He's obviously a smart man who knows how to take the high road. He is wise to do so. Especially when Twitter seems to have his back.

Wasn't he praying when he Tebowed?

 

I know he prayed from the sideline, but I don't know about the endzone. He may very well have, I honestly don't know though. If he did, is he the reason the rule was put in to place?

  • Author
I know he prayed from the sideline, but I don't know about the endzone. He may very well have, I honestly don't know though. If he did, is he the reason the rule was put in to place?

 

I don't know but even Tebowing would be acceptable since the rules say there are exceptions for religious display.

 

These are awesome. Not sure how I missed these when Tebowing was at its height in popularity. :lol2:

 

http://tebowing.com

Penalty looks legit to me based on the wording of the rule.

  • Author

Penalty is legit based on the rule. It's still not good PR for the NFL. It'll get worse if they fine him.

Just saw the video. Weak penalty call IMO.

 

 

Are you saying the officials called it incorrectly or are you saying they should change the rule?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.