Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disqualifications

Featured Replies

Let's take a closer look at it.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47252[/ATTACH]

 

There have been many supporters of Scott who have claimed that people have nothing but negative comments toward their Soccer Team, in my opinion, the good thing about a picture like this is that it does not require any comments at all.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys I'm going to take the high road and step out. I wish you and your teams the best of luck.

Are we trying to use a single picture to illustrate the dynamics of an active play? Really people, you are better than that. Pictures rarely show the context of anything in soccer. This certainly does not as it does not show the eyes as contact is made. Things could have dramatically changed before the ball reached them. Not saying they did but you all have to know a still picture like this is useless.

Who/Where is the 4th player that is tracking the ball? I can tell that there are 5 players in the photo, I see 3 that appear to be looking up at the ball, I cannot see the upper body of the 4th player so I cannot tell where he is looking, as for the 5th... the one in white, closest to the goalie... if it were football, I think he would have been flagged for targeting.

 

Was this on a corner or another dead ball play by any chance? The mostly hidden CCH player appears to be traveling left to right and has his arm extended straight out touching, but probably not touch-tight, the white player's back (see pic in post #52). Can't tell what happens next... we need Zapruder frames 310-313 and even then it might not be clear. But it is possible that there was contact from behind that contributed in moving the white player into the keeper. Or maybe not. I don't know. I wasn't there. But based solely on the picture it is clear... that its not clear. And it does seem harsh to post a single frame photo from an action sequence and use it to (further) vilify a 17 or 18-year old kid.

Oldtimebaseball started this thread because it looked like in an original thread that teams were being picked on... Now people are even posting pictures of kids... Come on people, that's going too far. Whether the kids were right or wrong, good or bad, it was all done in a split second of a high school game, and grown men are arguing over it...

Oldtimebaseball started this thread because it looked like in an original thread that teams were being picked on... Now people are even posting pictures of kids... Come on people, that's going too far. Whether the kids were right or wrong, good or bad, it was all done in a split second of a high school game, and grown men are arguing over it...

 

 

The nerve!!

 

Better stay away from the basketball forum if posting pictures ruffles your feathers.:thumb:

First time I had seen this photo. One thing should be straight, nobody pushed him into the keeper. It appears to be a set play to me, one player take the keeper out and the other go for the ball. Should have been straight red. As someone else noted, he did apologize after the game so obviously he knew it was a bad play. A little late for that when a defenseless goalkeeper had already been flipped horizontal and landed on his head. I really see no harm in posting photos of the game online. You can go to the Enquirer site and see them everyday. Sometimes still photos don't accurately portray the play but in this instance, it does.

The nerve!!

 

Better stay away from the basketball forum if posting pictures ruffles your feathers.:thumb:

Ah I only look at the basketball forum when I need a good laugh! I know Scott deserves pretty everything they get on this forum... I was just amused by the irony of how this thread evolved into what it was trying to get away from.

And then there was the player for Scott who took out Robert Lilly who was standing 10 feet out of bounds going to get the ball for a throw in as the final whistle sounds. Both going for the ball I guess? I'm sure Scott will not deal with that either. He was probably congratulated. Despite what Scott fans say, these are not things that other teams do. Unfortunately I don't have a picture or I would post it.

First time I had seen this photo. One thing should be straight, nobody pushed him into the keeper. It appears to be a set play to me, one player take the keeper out and the other go for the ball. Should have been straight red. As someone else noted, he did apologize after the game so obviously he knew it was a bad play. A little late for that when a defenseless goalkeeper had already been flipped horizontal and landed on his head. I really see no harm in posting photos of the game online. You can go to the Enquirer site and see them everyday. Sometimes still photos don't accurately portray the play but in this instance, it does.

 

Ironic that you say that it appears to be a set play... saw a similar incident in one of their matches a little over a week ago. Luckily, that goalie avoided the contact but I think the distraction led to him giving up the goal.

 

I posted something a few days ago regarding these types of plays, and the injuries that are occurring. I am aware of more than one player that has missed some matches because of injuries sustained in a match against Scott that has drawn either a yellow, or red. I get that injuries will occur in the course of good hard play, and is the fault of no one, this is not what I am seeing in these incidents.

 

I am not sure how I would take the apology given after the match... Saying I am sorry, usually implies that you have made a mistake, realize it as one, and are taking steps to rectify the behavior and hopefully working towards not doing it again... I am not sure this applies here.

There is a lot of assuming going on here. People reading into things and drawing conclusions.

 

By no means am I saying the Scott players are saints because they aren't there is no denying that, but the cov cath boys I'm sure got there shots in as well. If the way their JV played at the final is any indication then it was given as good as it was got.

 

Take a good look in the mirror people I seem to recall mention that the east central team seemed to think a cov cath kid deserved a red in that game. Was that just hogwash and this is all fact?

 

That said cov cath has a strong future coming up from that team and I wish them luck.

The nerve!!

 

Better stay away from the basketball forum if posting pictures ruffles your feathers.:thumb:

Or videos! I even got a like from Clyde by posting one.

Bothways, I get what you are saying and know that these are all just individual opinions. I think that it would be a little different if we were talking about a couple of isolated incidents here, but this seems to be a fairly common theme over the past two seasons.

 

It is probably going to take a full 180 degree turnaround before the Scott soccer program starts receiving the benefit of the doubt in these instances. I think you could say that what is going on falls under the idiom... If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck... well then...

Imo Scott high school as a whole needs a better direction. I am friends with a few teacher and they tell me how bad it is and that their hands are tied as far as discipline. I thinks it's a trickle down effect. The soccer program is loaded with talent but all anyone sees is the dirty play, and loud mouth of certain players. This stems from no control from the coaching staff, although they are good people they must not have control over their team. Imo if the coaching staff would stop complaining and start controlling the team/players would be seen for their talents not their down falls.

Take for instance the Cooper/Zane Ross incident, Cooper coaching staff did the correct thing by asking him to leave. Had they let him stay, they would have invited every player on the team to act that way, same with Boone co coach giving extra suspension time to players that received cards for mouthing, both coaches decided that discipline was more important than winning games. I don't think Scott's coaching staff is willing to do this, therefore this argument will never end. You want it to stop? Go to your AD and ask for a new coach!!!!!!!

Imo Scott high school as a whole needs a better direction. I am friends with a few teacher and they tell me how bad it is and that their hands are tied as far as discipline. I thinks it's a trickle down effect. The soccer program is loaded with talent but all anyone sees is the dirty play, and loud mouth of certain players. This stems from no control from the coaching staff, although they are good people they must not have control over their team. Imo if the coaching staff would stop complaining and start controlling the team/players would be seen for their talents not their down falls.

Take for instance the Cooper/Zane Ross incident, Cooper coaching staff did the correct thing by asking him to leave. Had they let him stay, they would have invited every player on the team to act that way, same with Boone co coach giving extra suspension time to players that received cards for mouthing, both coaches decided that discipline was more important than winning games. I don't think Scott's coaching staff is willing to do this, therefore this argument will never end. You want it to stop? Go to your AD and ask for a new coach!!!!!!!

 

This is where I'm going to disagree. The school as a whole is improving, and no other program/sport is having the issues that the soccer team seems to be having. Only 2 other ejections during the same time period, one for a wrestler no longer at the school and one for a coach. I know many teachers there as well. Much of the hand tying concerning discipline comes not internally, but from the Kenton County School board. Don't let the transgressions of the soccer program taint the entire student body.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.