Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disqualifications

Featured Replies

  • Author
I’m so glad the Scott soccer program gives you folks so much to talk about. How about this lets focus on what is going well with each program not just your program. Anyone can point out the negatives. Come on folks I know you can do better. It never seems to end someone earlier spoke to players following in the direction of the pro players. If were all honest I don’t think the boys have to look that far to see poor behavior. In the Scott / CCH game both sets of parents were way out of control. The CCH parents choose to bad month Scott players and refs, when they should have been focusing on the outstanding play from their boys on the field. The Scott parents weren’t any different. They choose to do the exact same thing. They should have been spending more time and energy encouraging the Scott boys to move / pass the ball to create space on the pitch but know just like the CCH parents they choose the road most often traveled. If you ask me the bigger struggle with soccer in the NKY isn’t the coaches / refs (I’m not saying they don’t have a role in) it’s us as parents. I’m challenging every high school soccer parent if you can’t say anything positive or encouraging don’t say anything at all.

 

Just Saying.

 

All good points........

 

However......I do see you are on post #8, so you probably haven't read or seen a lot of the past history.........on all sides. Probably should have been its own thread......"Parents are the cause" or something like that....

 

This is the disqualification thread........purposely started to discuss the disqualifications. If one team dominates the thread over another, it could be because they received a disqualification and others didn't........

 

I guarantee you that CCH would have been called out (as they should be) for a dissent red card in Saturday's game.....or any other program that has received as many.......

Edited by Randy Parker

  • Replies 80
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All good points........

 

However......I do see you are on post #8, so you probably haven't read or seen a lot of the past history.........on all sides. Probably should have been its own thread......"Parents are the cause" or something like that....

 

This is the disqualification thread........purposely started to discuss the disqualifications. If one team dominates the thread over another, it could be because t

hey received a disqualification and others didn't........

 

I guarantee you that CCH would have been called out (as they should be) for a dissent red card in Saturday's game.....or any other program that has received as many.......

 

Let's try

Edited by Randy Parker

Wait just a minute here. If you all agree to get along and not have these wonderful discussions, I'll have no reason to enter the soccer forums??

Wait just a minute here. If you all agree to get along and not have these wonderful discussions, I'll have no reason to enter the soccer forums??

 

... and what would the Moderator's do with their extra time.

Can't we all get along like the great song writers of the past (Beatles w/ Lennon & McCartney) All you need is love.....:ylsuper:

I’m so glad the Scott soccer program gives you folks so much to talk about. How about this lets focus on what is going well with each program not just your program. Anyone can point out the negatives. Come on folks I know you can do better. It never seems to end someone earlier spoke to players following in the direction of the pro players. If were all honest I don’t think the boys have to look that far to see poor behavior. In the Scott / CCH game both sets of parents were way out of control. The CCH parents choose to bad month Scott players and refs, when they should have been focusing on the outstanding play from their boys on the field. The Scott parents weren’t any different. They choose to do the exact same thing. They should have been spending more time and energy encouraging the Scott boys to move / pass the ball to create space on the pitch but know just like the CCH parents they choose the road most often traveled. If you ask me the bigger struggle with soccer in the NKY isn’t the coaches / refs (I’m not saying they don’t have a role in) it’s us as parents. I’m challenging every high school soccer parent if you can’t say anything positive or encouraging don’t say anything at all.

 

Just Saying.

 

Treadway into Sam.jpg

 

Playing the ball? Hard to say he didn't know where the goalie was because his eyes were on the ball. Goalie is out with a concussion. Scott needs to stop all the complaining and address some issues. Is this a designed play? If so, the coach needs to be sanctioned. If not, the player does. Yellow? Should have been straight red as the CCH fans were calling for. The only time I heard the CCH fans "bad mouth" the Scott players.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47250[/ATTACH]

 

Playing the ball? .

 

Can you describe what transpired?

Let me first say I certainly hope and pray this young man is ok. As far as the picture goes it looks like all 4 players were tracking the ball. If that were Scott's keeper it would look like 4 players tracking the ball.

 

There was a game earlier this year where a player from another team made a hard play on one of our guys. The other player received a yellow and our guy was injured. Although we have video I certainly wouldn't post it or call out any team or players.

  • Author

I'm sorry Ref.......Not sure I can agree with you......

 

What not everyone knows, is that the player did come over after the game to the injured player and apologize. That should be said.

If the player in white hit the keeper it should have been straight Red

1: he is not even looking for the ball

2: he is turning his shoulder towards the keepers chest

 

Yes as a keeper you have to expect contact, you are no longer able to bring your knee up to protect yourself in high school so it's the job of the ref to protect the keeper. It's a different story if the player is actually trying to play the ball, then it becomes a 50/50 ball and free for all.

I'm certainly not trying to offend you guys here (off sides & oldtime). I was at this game as well. There were a couple of plays from 2 corners where one of our guys took hard hits. I'm sure if I reached out to those parents who have nice cameras as well I could get and post some nice photos as well. However I would rather focus on the positive from what I saw from a really talented CCH. Team. On that night on that pitch CCH.out played Scott in every phase of the gane. They defended every throw in; stopped more than 90% of the long ball to the two Scott players. They controlled the ball for at least 85% of the match. I MEANT what I said earlier I certainly hope and pray the young man is OK and doesn't miss any important matches for CCH. Good luck in the post season who ever this team faces will have their hands full.

If the player in white hit the keeper it should have been straight Red

1: he is not even looking for the ball

2: he is turning his shoulder towards the keepers chest

I wasn't at the game, but given that so many people have cried and asked to have that picture removed, I would think that is exactly what happened.

Let's take a closer look at it.

 

Treadway into Sam.jpg

This is exactly what I mean. You guys can't see the trees for the forest. Take the high road I know you can. Anyone can look for the negatives not everyone chooses to look for the positives. I'm sure there are Scott parents who have pictures of the two plays from corner kic ks. Please Scott parents please don't post them as that wouldn't be appropriate. Let's all remember these are high school student athletes not world cup players.

 

Guys I'm trying to hear and see your point it's just a little hard when everything you say about this team is negstive. Let me end this post by saying I certainly hope the keeper is OK does anyone have any updates on that.

Let me first say I certainly hope and pray this young man is ok. As far as the picture goes it looks like all 4 players were tracking the ball. If that were Scott's keeper it would look like 4 players tracking the ball.

 

There was a game earlier this year where a player from another team made a hard play on one of our guys. The other player received a yellow and our guy was injured. Although we have video I certainly wouldn't post it or call out any team or players.

 

Who/Where is the 4th player that is tracking the ball? I can tell that there are 5 players in the photo, I see 3 that appear to be looking up at the ball, I cannot see the upper body of the 4th player so I cannot tell where he is looking, as for the 5th... the one in white, closest to the goalie... if it were football, I think he would have been flagged for targeting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.