Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disqualifications

Featured Replies

Good point, unbiasedcoach. There are many scenarios that contribute to inaccurate totals for yellow and red cards.

 

However, I do know in the case of Boone, after one game, coach had a very serious talk with the team and said no more red cards. He thought they understood him. Then the Scott game occurred. After that game, Coach gave 5 game suspensions to those players who got red cards for their mouth.

 

It's made for a tough season. We played through the middle of the season down 6 or 7 players in most matches. Our opponents were the beneficiaries. But Coach Browning made his point. It is not tolerated at Boone.

 

I applaud his approach, though it makes it tough for the others, I think the lesson they learn far out weighs the results of those 5 mathces. With the way that Districts, and Regionals are set up, those games will have no bearing on how far they can still go in the post season.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question: is there a rule that says if a team accumulates a certain number of red cards in a season that your team will be ineligible for the post season?

Question: is there a rule that says if a team accumulates a certain number of red cards in a season that your team will be ineligible for the post season?

 

Nope

Another red card yesterday for Scott and that makes five. One of the accumulating reds proposal would make a team ineligible for post season after five reds.

For me, the question is.... Would things have played out any differently if this rule was in place. In other words, would the coach have taken a different approach knowing their could have been ramifications beyond single players being suspended for some of their matches.

I hear people blaming referees for the red cards, I respond with "every team in Nky sees the same refs, not all teams have red cards"

 

Not sure what these parents /players/coaches are thinking, it may be a direct reflection on Scott high school and where it's headed as a whole. Good luck to them next year trying to schedule teams. No one will want to play you.

  • Author

So as to not pick on one particular team.......there was reported in another thread that GRC also had a red in the game......any details on that one?

 

Or from any other games?

 

I can report that in the CCH / East Central game, there was one yellow card given to a Trojan player for taking a 15 yard run at a player from behind..no others.....if you ask the EC fans, however, CCH players should have been red carded with every "touch" of another player even when fouls were called against EC in the play.....

  • Author

Are yellows posted anywhere? When I played.....yes, just this side of the laces still on the ball days......yellow cards were rare, and reds were once every 3 years, if that.

 

Now it seems as if we are averaging at least one yellow, usually more a game, every game........

So as to not pick on one particular team.......there was reported in another thread that GRC also had a red in the game......any details on that one?

.

 

I was told by a player on the pitch that the second infraction was for dissension of profanity, second yellow. I didn't see a majority of the first half, so I did not see the progression of calls from the beginning. But clearly in the second half it felt like every blow of the whistle not goal related was to stop the clock and book somebody. Key words, "felt like". In the end, I was left with the impression that this crew was paid by the card. And this game was not at all what I would call physical.

 

Serious question for any of the referee types on this board, has there been any change this year in how KHSAA has asked for the games to be called? Or specifically for tighter control profanity and/or dissension?

 

I'm sure the refs take a look at the suspension report like half of us here have by now. Do you think that from looking at the report, or certainly hearing by now of the legendary list of cards being issued around this team that it predisposes a ref to subconsciously be quicker to pull the cards? A snowball effect or self-fulfilling prophecy at this point?

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 8

Honestly I think the greater number of cards is just the evolution of the game. We now have more highly skilled players on the pitch with less skilled players and these things clash. I also think the refs are more apt to recognize things like tactical fouls and see the professional gamesmanship for what it is. Let's face it you can't go a week in any pro league without multiple red cards and these players emulate what they see at that level.

 

The game of soccer in America is much more physical than it used to be and is finally starting to lose the stigma of being a no contact sport.

  • Author
Check again, maybe put on your reading glasses....and I will repeat, no repeat offenders from last year to this year....so why do you want to insist that no one olds them too it?? I wasn't aware you were invited to the meetings between the players, AD, and Coaching staff.

 

Just got new cheaters.......WAIT......this isn't the football thread !

Another red card yesterday for Scott and that makes five. One of the accumulating reds proposal would make a team ineligible for post season after five reds.

See post #27

See post #27

 

From this point forward, Post #27, shall be known as the "TAC Prophecy"

I’m so glad the Scott soccer program gives you folks so much to talk about. How about this lets focus on what is going well with each program not just your program. Anyone can point out the negatives. Come on folks I know you can do better. It never seems to end someone earlier spoke to players following in the direction of the pro players. If were all honest I don’t think the boys have to look that far to see poor behavior. In the Scott / CCH game both sets of parents were way out of control. The CCH parents choose to bad month Scott players and refs, when they should have been focusing on the outstanding play from their boys on the field. The Scott parents weren’t any different. They choose to do the exact same thing. They should have been spending more time and energy encouraging the Scott boys to move / pass the ball to create space on the pitch but know just like the CCH parents they choose the road most often traveled. If you ask me the bigger struggle with soccer in the NKY isn’t the coaches / refs (I’m not saying they don’t have a role in) it’s us as parents. I’m challenging every high school soccer parent if you can’t say anything positive or encouraging don’t say anything at all.

 

Just Saying.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.