The Wire

halfback20

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on S2, I think the first time around it's the whole shock of "where the hell did everyone go" that takes it down a notch. It holds up extremely well on repeated viewings. S5 is what it is, and that is still better than 98% of most TV.

I'd guess I've went through the entire series 10+ times. Trying to get the girlfriend in on a watch, but it might take us 5 years to get through it.

See I've always found seasons 1-4 to be masterpieces. But season 5 to me was average at best. Went off the rails .

• 8 months later...

I finally finished the series a couple months ago. Absolutely loved it! Went through 1-4 very fast and then slowed down on season 5, not sure if I slowed down because it wasn't as good as the previous seasons or if I was trying to prolong that final episode as long as I could. I feel like that show could've went on for 15 seasons and I wouldn't have been mad.

I've never watched it, but may have to check it out.

One of my favorite crime-fiction authors - Laura Lippman - is married to one of the senior guys on the Wire - a producer or something like that. Pretty much all of her books center on Baltimore.

After me and my girlfriend finish Sons of Anarchy we are going to start up the Wire. I remember watching season 1 a while back. Got distracted then stopped watching for some odd reason.

I so envy you for being able to go through this one with a clean slate. I'd love to watch it again for the first time.

I knew I loved it from the last shot of the first episode. The hard part was figuring out all of the characters.

I so envy you for being able to go through this one with a clean slate. I'd love to watch it again for the first time.

I knew I loved it from the last shot of the first episode. The hard part was figuring out all of the characters.

I'm still trying to get myself to dive in new on it. Feel like I need to pick back up on Breaking Bad first after I hit a stall. I mostly stopped because it was too damned addictive. I'd watch it until 6am and feel terrible about it.

Did they ever get around to releasing this on bluray? I have the box set on dvd, but would love to have a remastered version on bluray. Its my all time favorite show, but when watching on newer large screen TV's its age definetly shows it terms of picture and sound quality.

I got curious and researched it. They recently released a remastered wide screen/DTS master HD audio bluray box set. I know what I want for fathers day now. I'm an audio/video quality nut, so I haven't been watching the wire lately, looks like I have an opportunity to rewatch the series now.

• 5 weeks later...