The Wire

halfback20

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got season 3 from Amazon and I am on my second time through the series. I liked season 2 a whole lot better the second time. Can't wait to start season 3. Season 4 is my favorite but I may have new rankings after I get all the way through the second time.

I got the entire series cheap on eBay. Les than $35.

Damn. You find all the good deals. Fortunately I used Amazon gift cards to pay for them but I'd happily pay with my own money for the whole series for less than 35 bucks. I need to check eBay for seasons 4 and 5.

Just gotta keep looking. I'm persistent :lol2: or cheap if that's what you want to call it.

This is a series I've been meaning to watch for some time.

Seasons 1, 3, 4 are absolutely awesome. 2 isn't bad, but it's a little slow at the start so you just have to keep watching. 5 isn't very good compared to the rest, but it's still better than most of the garbage on TV today.

I thought season two was better the second time through. Totally agree on five. It's not bad[/] but that whole serial killer contrivance drug it down.
I agree on S2, I think the first time around it's the whole shock of "where the hell did everyone go" that takes it down a notch. It holds up extremely well on repeated viewings. S5 is what it is, and that is still better than 98% of most TV.

I'd guess I've went through the entire series 10+ times. Trying to get the girlfriend in on a watch, but it might take us 5 years to get through it.