Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chic-Fil-A banned at high school football game by principal

Featured Replies

I'm not against Chick-Fil-A helping out. I'm saying that a school administrator has the right to avoid controversy on campus by saying no to Chick-fil-A ... or a vocal proponent of gay rights.
Yet she created controversy by bringing her political views into it and you seem to be fine with that.
  • Replies 133
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yet she created controversy by bringing her political views into it and you seem to be fine with that.

Let's say a restaurant that supported the Klan wanted to come in and give a HS free food to sell?

  • Author
Let's say a restaurant that supported the Klan wanted to come in and give a HS free food to sell?

 

Then the school should get rid of microsoft. Which I bet 99% they have.

I'm usually not one to subconsciously fall for advertising, but the more Chick-Fila is in the news, the more I find myself craving it. I've probably eaten it more in the last two years than I did the previous five.

  • Author
I'm usually not one to subconsciously fall for advertising, but the more Chick-Fila is in the news, the more I find myself craving it. I've probably eaten it more in the last two years than I did the previous five.

 

Its STRAIGHT up good chicken.

Let's say a restaurant that supported the Klan wanted to come in and give a HS free food to sell?
I think it's a really big stretch to compare Chick-fil-A with the Klan.
You're arguing that we need to look at charitable totality rather than focus on specific comments/donations. Oh that Major League Baseball would have adopted that enlightened view when Marge Schott made her famous remarks about the former leader of Nazi Germany!

 

No, talking about looking at what the charity actually does and being balanced by praising them for what they do good and go ahead and condemn them for something you thing they've done bad. It's called being fair but the people such as you condemning what youTHINK CFA does have no interest in being fair.

I think it's a really big stretch to compare Chick-fil-A with the Klan.

 

It's much more than a stretch, it's fraudulent.

It's much more than a stretch, it's fraudulent.

Nice try with the feigned outrage ... both you and RTS. SportsGuy was not comparing CFA with the Klan ... just throwing up a 180-degree counter example. Your tag-team tactic grows stale with overuse.

Its STRAIGHT up good chicken.

Frisch's is better.

I think it's a really big stretch to compare Chick-fil-A with the Klan.

But you did mention political :)

It's much more than a stretch' date=' it's fraudulent.[/quote'] "let's say", as in "IF".
Nice try with the feigned outrage ... both you and RTS. SportsGuy was not comparing CFA with the Klan ... just throwing up a 180-degree counter example. Your tag-team tactic grows stale with overuse.

 

Then come up with a comparable scenario, not an off the wall one. I don't think anyone would go for the KKK on campus but since it's no where in the realm of the same discussion why bring it up unless the intent is to try to make the argument they are comparable. It's a tired old tactic that doesn't float.

"let's say", as in "IF".

 

See above.

Its STRAIGHT up good chicken.

 

Nothing is even close.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.