Johnson Central 57 Perry County Central 12

Matney obviously subscribes to the Simon Kenton scheduling guide.

Couldn't agree more. Looks like it's gonna be another year of gong untested until the Belfry game. I understand how important wins are to a teams confidence and mentality but rolling over your opponents on a weekly basis leaves you untested and most of the time overconfident. I can't help but think of the best team JC ever had. The 2010 team suffered two regular season loses. One to a Lamar Dawson lead Boyle Co. team and another to Dudley Hilton's Bell Co. Bobcats. Both quality opponents and battle tested. JC later that year took Highlands to the wire lead by now UK starter Patrick Towles with a dropped pass in the end zone that would have likely lead to JC going for the 2 point conversion and win. I would like to see JC get back to scheduling like that instead of a cakewalk schedule.

Couldn't agree more. Looks like it's gonna be another year of gong untested until the Belfry game. I understand how important wins are to a teams confidence and mentality but rolling over your opponents on a weekly basis leaves you untested and most of the time overconfident. I can't help but think of the best team JC ever had. The 2010 team suffered two regular season loses. One to a Lamar Dawson lead Boyle Co. team and another to Dudley Hilton's Bell Co. Bobcats. Both quality opponents and battle tested. JC later that year took Highlands to the wire lead by now UK starter Patrick Towles with a dropped pass in the end zone that would have likely lead to JC going for the 2 point conversion and win. I would like to see JC get back to scheduling like that instead of a cakewalk schedule.

I can agree with you but lets get real......besides Boyle county a couple of years ago who will play a home and home series.....All the big schools want you to travel to them but nobody wants to travel the mountain parkway to Paintsville......Perry Co, Belfry, and Harlan County are the only local schools who will even consider it in this area....Maybe now that we are switching classes we can get home/home with Highlands or Cov Cath....I can see this year where we are so young but it only makes one better to play the better teams win or lose...

I can agree with you but lets get real......besides Boyle county a couple of years ago who will play a home and home series.....All the big schools want you to travel to them but nobody wants to travel the mountain parkway to Paintsville......Perry Co, Belfry, and Harlan County are the only local schools who will even consider it in this area....Maybe now that we are switching classes we can get home/home with Highlands or Cov Cath....I can see this year where we are so young but it only makes one better to play the better teams win or lose...

Belfry has no trouble getting Henry Clay to come play. Even though they were in our district JC had Bryan Station a few years ago. I have a hard time believing no body wants to play JC. I think it's more of JC wanting as many home games a season as possible. That seems to be the trend with all the one year contracts JC has taken on lately.

I am pretty sure that Johnson Central has won more district titles and more regional playoff games since Jim Matney was hired than it did in all previous seasons hired combined.

I suspect that given the unusually large number of talented young players on the roster and a very strong 8th grade class in the pipeline, the schedules for the next four years will be appropriate for a team expecting to make multiple runs at a state title.

Belfry has no trouble getting Henry Clay to come play. Even though they were in our district JC had Bryan Station a few years ago. I have a hard time believing no body wants to play JC. I think it's more of JC wanting as many home games a season as possible. That seems to be the trend with all the one year contracts JC has taken on lately.

If you're that miserable with the Johnson Central football program why don't you just find you a different team to follow? You are absolutely clueless on the entire process so just stop acting as if you know what you're talking about because you don't. You love to get on here and other sites and take shots at the program posing as a fan when it's obvious you're not. There was an email sent out on the list serve two days ago from Johnson Central needing a game for the next two years for weeks 2&3 and as of last night according to the AD there were no replies. Maybe you can use your vast knowledge of football scheduling and find Johnson Central a home and home series for week 2&3 the next two years. Our program has a very bright future ahead of us in the future. We have only six seniors who actually play and we are playing numerous underclassmen this year. We replaced 8 starters on offense including our entire backfield and you want to get on here and hammer on our schedule. You're either on board or you're not so please choose because either with you or without you we're moving forward.

Edited by Randy Parker

Also if Belfry doesn't seem to have problems filling their schedule why did they agree to travel to Southwestern two years in a row? Why did they travel to Knoxville last year and South Gallia this year? They have just as many problems as Johnson Central does filling a schedule and if you actually knew what you were talking about and was familiar with the process you wouldn't be on here questioning it.

i must say it was nice to watch jchs play and not have to put up with some dummy playing stupid music the whole game . someone needs to realize when enough is enough . if they wanna listen to all the stupid music during the game get some ear phones i mean geez the coaches cant even make play calls for the idiot