October 10, 201411 yr Author Will practices be open this season? Thought I read where Cal was considering making this one of the few open practices.
October 10, 201411 yr Don't forget about this. It's airing on ESPN-U Friday from 3:00-5:00 pm. Didn't realize it was being televised. Girlfriend is off today, so I am having her DVR it for me. Thanks RP.
October 10, 201411 yr They were talking about this on KSR today & it was stated that there would be some 3-on-3 games. Yes, read about this the other day.
October 10, 201411 yr [h=3]Don’t forget, Caleb Swanigan will be in the house to see the Combine[/h]The third best center in the 2015 class will be in Lexington to see UK’s NBA Combine up close and personal. Right now, Swanigan is considered a heavy Michigan State lean, but if anything can change that, it’s seeing 85 NBA scouts and personnel show up at UK for a practice.
October 10, 201411 yr Would not be surprised if Self' date=' Coach K, Roy Williams, etc. etc. attempt this idea now. Cal's truly a trendsetter in college basketball; always ahead of the curve.[/quote'] I'm sure they will, but as usual they would be a day late and a dollar short.
October 10, 201411 yr The first 30 seconds of this "practice" makes me realize how far ahead of the game Cal is. It's truly not fair. 90 NBA scouts, Jay Bilas and Avery Johnson, live on ESPN U...for a practice... Nothing like this has ever been done. The games best recruiter with the ultimate recruiting pitch to every elite recruit in the country. It's brilliant.
October 10, 201411 yr The first 30 seconds of this "practice" makes me realize how far ahead of the game Cal is. It's truly not fair. 90 NBA scouts, Jay Bilas and Avery Johnson, live on ESPN U...for a practice... Nothing like this has ever been done. The games best recruiter with the ultimate recruiting pitch to every elite recruit in the country. It's brilliant. Yes it is. Cal is always one or more steps ahead of the rest.
October 10, 201411 yr Would not be surprised if Self, Coach K, Roy Williams, etc. etc. attempt this idea now. Cal's truly a trendsetter in college basketball; always ahead of the curve.Cal thinks he's jinxed it for everyone: “All of you coaches that think you’re going to start doing this, believe me, since I did it first, it’s outlawed.”
October 10, 201411 yr Cal thinks he's jinxed it for everyone: “All of you coaches that think you’re going to start doing this, believe me, since I did it first, it’s outlawed.” Love it. Wearing the black hat.
October 11, 201411 yr I am constantly amazed at how bad offensively WCS is. Zero improvement on footwork. Can someone teach the cat a jump hook, please?
October 11, 201411 yr The one guy I hadn't heard much about is Lyles. Man he looked good. Moves well. Shoots with confidence.
October 11, 201411 yr Author I am constantly amazed at how bad offensively WCS is. Zero improvement on footwork. Can someone teach the cat a jump hook' date=' please?[/quote'] If he could learn a jump hook he'd be a top 5 player in the country.
October 11, 201411 yr The one guy I hadn't heard much about is Lyles. Man he looked good. Moves well. Shoots with confidence. And he has only been released to play for a few weeks. He is going to be special.
October 13, 201411 yr UK fans can be sick. I'm speaking if myself as I recorded and watched it all. On another note Cal is a genius.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.