Highlands 63 Ludlow 47

Good game and Congrats to Highlands on a good win. Ludlow really played just as good as Highland for 3 out of the 4 quarters, but in the second quarter Highlands went on a 18 to 3 run to end the half to go up 18 and Ludlow just was never able to overcome that. Ludlow was led by Chase King who had a great night and really led the Panthers all night and ended up finishing with 19 points.

It was Highlands press that won it for Highlands, Ludlow seem to have a problem with it all night and kept turning the ball over which led to most of Highlands points which were mostly lay ups. When Highlands wasn't getting turnovers though and it was a half court game Ludlow really outplayed them. Highlands is going to have to shoot the ball ALOT better if they are going to want to beat CovCath the next game.

So once again congrats to Highlands on a great win, and congrats to The Ludlow Panthers and Coaching Staff on a great year and making it to the region for the first time in a long time, I know You all have made us all proud!

I also would like to wish the best of luck to the seniors Chase King, Justin Hardin and Dan Penick you all have had great careers for the Panthers and you all willl be missed.

Quick question did they clear the arena after the first game?

In the few minutes of the 1st quarter I saw, Penick looked solid, just couldn't hit his fadeaway from the block! Had a few nice blocked shots though. Congrats on a great career and best of luck at Wright State!

Can't wait for HHS-CCH

Quick question did they clear the arena after the first game?

In the few minutes of the 1st quarter I saw, Penick looked solid, just couldn't hit his fadeaway from the block! Had a few nice blocked shots though. Congrats on a great career and best of luck at Wright State!

Can't wait for HHS-CCH

I do not believe so.

The first round was not a cleared gym, however the semis the gym will be cleared.

Another good night of team scoring for the Birds - Vories, Johnson, Smith all in double figures. Guidugli, Hudy, McGraw, Simpson, Eaton all score too.

The press helped the Birds to the big 2nd quarter lead. Great defense Birds.

Rest up and get ready for the game of your life on Friday and let's make it two in a row over Cov Cath:dancingpa

Congrats to the Ludlow players and staff on a great season. Best of luck to the senior boys who leave the Ludlow program after great careers. Coach Highfield will have this program back in the regional tournament in the future.

Good game by the Birds, great heart from the Panthers, its nice to see the Birds adavnce but I really felt bad for Chase King, that kid played one great game. If the Birds come out in the 3rd quarter and lag against CCH, they will get blown out of the gym Fri nite. I hope they are ready for a fight and we take two from Cath this year. GO BIRDS!

Good game and Congrats to Highlands on a good win. Ludlow really played just as good as Highland for 3 out of the 4 quarters, but in the second quarter Highlands went on a 18 to 3 run to end the half to go up 18 and Ludlow just was never able to overcome that. Ludlow was led by Chase King who had a great night and really led the Panthers all night and ended up finishing with 19 points.

It was Highlands press that won it for Highlands, Ludlow seem to have a problem with it all night and kept turning the ball over which led to most of Highlands points which were mostly lay ups. When Highlands wasn't getting turnovers though and it was a half court game Ludlow really outplayed them. Highlands is going to have to shoot the ball ALOT better if they are going to want to beat CovCath the next game.

So once again congrats to Highlands on a great win, and congrats to The Ludlow Panthers and Coaching Staff on a great year and making it to the region for the first time in a long time, I know You all have made us all proud!

I also would like to wish the best of luck to the seniors Chase King, Justin Hardin and Dan Penick you all have had great careers for the Panthers and you all willl be missed.

Good post! The Birds press really did mess up Ludlow's plans and it's sad to see Hardin end his career without scoring, but all 3 Ludlow seniors had great a great year and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Congratulations to Highlands and to Ludlow and best wishes to Ludlows 3 Seniors. All three are outstanding youngmen who will be missed by the Ludlow program a great deal.

-Justin Hardin who has to be one of the most improved players in all of NKY and who is an excellent student. Going to U.K I believe and I;m certain will be very successful.

-Chase King another excellent student in the Top 5 of his class and recently recognized as a Remke Student/Athlete of the Week has provided Ludlow fans with many thrills since his grade school days. Another UK freshmen to be next year we wish you nothing but the very best.

-Dan Penick who will be moving on to Wright State Univ. and is the 1st Div. 1 player from Ludlow in over 45 years we wish you the very best as you prepare to play at the next level. You have been a pleasure to watch the last 4 years.

These three youngmen are excellent examples of what you want in a Student/Athlete and everyone in the community of Ludlow are very proud of them.

Congratulations to Highlands and to Ludlow and best wishes to Ludlows 3 Seniors. All three are outstanding youngmen who will be missed by the Ludlow program a great deal.

-Justin Hardin who has to be one of the most improved players in all of NKY and who is an excellent student. Going to U.K I believe and I;m certain will be very successful.

-Chase King another excellent student in the Top 5 of his class and recently recognized as a Remke Student/Athlete of the Week has provided Ludlow fans with many thrills since his grade school days. Another UK freshmen to be next year we wish you nothing but the very best.

-Dan Penick who will be moving on to Wright State Univ. and is the 1st Div. 1 player from Ludlow in over 45 years we wish you the very best as you prepare to play at the next level. You have been a pleasure to watch the last 4 years.

These three youngmen are excellent examples of what you want in a Student/Athlete and everyone in the community of Ludlow are very proud of them.

:thumb: Great Post!

Not much to add about the game, but I just wanted to post my kudos to Ludlow. King played one heck of a game. Congrats young man. Very nice job. Pennick also played hard. Some shots just didn't fall for him. Good luck at Wright State and do N. Ky. proud. And as for all the other Ludlow players, you played very hard the entire game and never quit. I was impressed. Again, great job Ludlow, including the coaching staff. Great season.

Birds, congrats on the win and good luck against the team from Park Hills. The game should be a doozie!

I thought the Birds did not play well at all and they better wake up for friday's showdown with the Colonels. That is not taking anything away from Ludlow as they played hard the full 4 periods. It was my first time watching Penick and he has some very nice skills for a 6'9 guy. He handles the ball pretty well and has a great dropstep on the block, why he wasnt doing this all year I don't know. I think he can definitely play facing the basket but several times he made nice post moves and the ball just wouldnt go in.

Several lapses in defense for HHS and I noticed the vein protruding in Willie's forehead for most of the night. The press was nice to see as you can typically wear down a team like Ludlow who's talent is limited. I cant understand why they didnt go to Penick more during the game. I thought he could have done more damage. I thought King played a great game spotting up shots and nailing them.

Tanner Johnson played very well, some nice blocks and did a nice job hitting some open looks. Vories got 17 on sevreal steals and layups but his shot will need to be there on Friday. Smith banged well and they will need him to be very physical against CCH. Guidugli played well, under control most of the night and hit a couple nice 3pt shots.

Congrats to Ludlow and coach Highlfield for getting those guys there and not giving up. His timeout in the 2nd period was about 1 min late but they made a decent run in the 3rd to cut it to 10 pts and then HHS just wore them out.

Good luck Birds on Friday.... CCH is the real deal.... Jacobs and Tierney must be stopped and not allowed the dribble drive....

I thought the Birds did not play well at all and they better wake up for friday's showdown with the Colonels. That is not taking anything away from Ludlow as they played hard the full 4 periods. It was my first time watching Penick and he has some very nice skills for a 6'9 guy. He handles the ball pretty well and has a great dropstep on the block, why he wasnt doing this all year I don't know. I think he can definitely play facing the basket but several times he made nice post moves and the ball just wouldnt go in.

Several lapses in defense for HHS and I noticed the vein protruding in Willie's forehead for most of the night. The press was nice to see as you can typically wear down a team like Ludlow who's talent is limited. I cant understand why they didnt go to Penick more during the game. I thought he could have done more damage. I thought King played a great game spotting up shots and nailing them.

Tanner Johnson played very well, some nice blocks and did a nice job hitting some open looks. Vories got 17 on sevreal steals and layups but his shot will need to be there on Friday. Smith banged well and they will need him to be very physical against CCH. Guidugli played well, under control most of the night and hit a couple nice 3pt shots.

Congrats to Ludlow and coach Highlfield for getting those guys there and not giving up. His timeout in the 2nd period was about 1 min late but they made a decent run in the 3rd to cut it to 10 pts and then HHS just wore them out.

Good luck Birds on Friday.... CCH is the real deal.... Jacobs and Tierney must be stopped and not allowed the dribble drive....

I don't feel the Ludlow boys were worn out, they just do not have a true point guard. Their mistakes were in handling the ball, HHS's press gave them fits, too many layups and breakouts. Some of HHS's problems were also due to the defense that Ludlow was playing, HHS did not seem to have the perimeter game going last night, they had problems with the zone. All in all Ludlow played a much better game than anyone expected, even some of my friends said to me before the game, why are you here? "It's going to be a blowout". Maybe a little too confident! If Highlands does not come with their game each night it will be a short regional with that attitude.