Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McDonalds Protests/Minimum Wage

Featured Replies

Saw that there were staged sit-ins across the country today protesting the wages paid by McDonalds. Other fast food employees are doing the same.

 

Some will know from my past posts that I am big on leverage. If you have it and something is important enough then use it.

 

I don't get what leverage these employees have. Let's be honest. It's not high-skilled labor so....is their leverage simply a lack of people that want that job?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saw that there were staged sit-ins across the country today protesting the wages paid by McDonalds. Other fast food employees are doing the same. Some will know from my past posts that I am big on leverage. If you have it and something is important enough then use it. I don't get what leverage these employees have. Let's be honest. It's not high-skilled labor so....is their leverage simply a lack of people that want that job?
By doing this I think they will quickly find out how much or how little leverage they actually have.

On Drudgereport next to an article on the protests was a link to a story about a robot that can churn out 360 burgers an hour. Somebody better be paying attention.

On Drudgereport next to an article on the protests was a link to a story about a robot that can churn out 360 burgers an hour. Somebody better be paying attention.

I also saw some ATM looking type of machines McDonalds was testing where you place your order with, kind of like a kiosk.

 

Keep complaining McDonalds workers, you will soon be replaced by machines.

I find it hysterical that they believe they deserve the same pay as some entry level positions for college grads .

I find it hysterical that they believe they deserve the same pay as some entry level positions for college grads .

 

Seems they think they are entitled to it because they certainly didn't earn it.

Since when has working at a fast food place considered a lifelong career (unless you are in management). These are entry level jobs that should be a first step to moving on to a better job/career.

Typically I'm not big on statements like the one I'm about to make. But, what do these people expect?

 

It's a minimum wage job for a reason. It always has been. That's why all your teachers told you to pay attention in class or one day you would work at McDonald's for a living. Well, guess what....There was a reason they told you that.

I find it hysterical that they believe they deserve the same pay as some entry level positions for college grads .

 

Seems they think they are entitled to it because they certainly didn't earn it.

 

That's the America we live in today.

Seems they think they are entitled to it because they certainly didn't earn it.
The whole thing is entitlement mentality. Wonder where they got that...

 

That's the America we live in today.

 

I agree and it is unfortunate.

I also saw some ATM looking type of machines McDonalds was testing where you place your order with, kind of like a kiosk.

 

Keep complaining McDonalds workers, you will soon be replaced by machines.

 

This is true for many industries. For example, in banks it will move more towards kiosk and self service banking. You will see less and less tellers in the branches. In fact, you may just end up going to the branch less and less.

 

I could absolutely see a kiosk type ordering environment eliminating FTE needs at fast food places.

In no way can it be taken seriously that the workers are asking for a 30k salary before OT when recent college graduates struggle to find something paying over 30-35k AND have student loans. They are not in a risky environment, they do not do advanced or complex labor.

This is true for many industries. For example, in banks it will move more towards kiosk and self service banking. You will see less and less tellers in the branches. In fact, you may just end up going to the branch less and less.

 

I could absolutely see a kiosk type ordering environment eliminating FTE needs at fast food places.

 

Look at the gasoline stations where you might have one guy on duty covering 20 pumps. Get the population on debit cards, which is already happening with the under 25 crowd, put some additional safety measures in for fire hazards, and you will have them running with no one on site.

 

It's coming.

Isn't this really the same topic going back earlier in the year or late last year about the lady who wants to unionize fast food workers to get a $15.00 minimum pay? I haven't heard any more about that topic, but many painted her to be a crusader and a hero it seemed to me.

 

I agree with most of the posters....the pay will and should go up when the pool of available people who will take the job is reduced due to competition for their services or other reasons.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.