March 20, 200620 yr Then make all divisions completely voluntary across the board instead of pushing it down the throat of some members. Let those that think they can never compete with others have their own little corner of the KHSAA and let those that want to be the best do that. I would be for that. Here are the rules for different divisions, you decide which division. The only thing I would add here is that # of students (male/female) should be given a consideration.
March 20, 200620 yr What exactly are the private schools doing to Kentucky children that they need protection from? Again, another "cheaters (or worse)" type of comment. I don't expect you to get an answer. The bottom line is that every advantage enjoyed by the private schools was generated through the hard work done by the people that built these schools over generations. Sometimes the suggestion to work harder is assumed to be a knock on players and coaches. That isn't the issue. The issue is for communities to work harder to give their schools the same advantages that the private schools enjoy.
March 20, 200620 yr Meanwhile in the NCAA tourney.... schools with smaller enrollments and fewer resources are not whining / trying to change rules.... they are working hard and beating "big boy" teams....... hmmmmm imagine that. In THIS CENTURY, when did Centre beat UK? Transy play UCONN? Berea beat EKU? (did happen in the 1990's; gotta give props to my alma mater). The small schools are the Thomas More's, the Georgetowns, the Cumberlands, the Alice Lloyds, etc, etc, etc. Not the schools that CHOOSE to play D1.
March 20, 200620 yr I like your little analogy. Prop 20 is telling the people of your little county that they are not allowed to drive to the big city and shop at Kroger they have to shop at your little grocery. It also says that the family that lives next door to Kroger but usually shops at Sam's Club that they can't shop at Kroger. Thanks for the analogy. It works. Your welcome.:thumb: As you can see this problem is multi-facet and people on BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE are right.
March 20, 200620 yr I don't expect you to get an answer. The bottom line is that every advantage enjoyed by the private schools was generated through the hard work done by the people that built these schools over generations. Sometimes the suggestion to work harder is assumed to be a knock on players and coaches. That isn't the issue. The issue is for communities to work harder to give their schools the same advantages that the private schools enjoy. Your wrong. RF PM'd me and I responded. And I can agree with with post after your first sentence. Good post. The only thing I would add is that in some situations, the benefits of a private school can never be matched by a public school, in today's guidelines provided to us by Frankfort or by society.
March 20, 200620 yr In THIS CENTURY, when did Centre beat UK? Transy play UCONN? Berea beat EKU? (did happen in the 1990's; gotta give props to my alma mater). The small schools are the Thomas More's, the Georgetowns, the Cumberlands, the Alice Lloyds, etc, etc, etc. Not the schools that CHOOSE to play D1. When did the KHSAA combine A with AAAA? Did I miss that one? You keep saying your tiny school has to compete with T/X. Exactly where and when did this occur?
March 20, 200620 yr When did the KHSAA combine A with AAAA? Did I miss that one? You keep saying your tiny school has to compete with T/X. Exactly where and when did this occur? Basketball, LexCath tournament last winter. Remember HS sports is NOT ALL ABOUT Football.
March 20, 200620 yr Basketball, LexCath tournament last winter. Remember HS sports is NOT ALL ABOUT Football. I thought basketball was a sport where numbers don't have an impact? What gives?
March 20, 200620 yr I thought basketball was a sport where numbers don't have an impact? What gives?Numbers have an impact in every sport, but football more so than anything else.
March 20, 200620 yr I thought basketball was a sport where numbers don't have an impact? What gives? I don't recollect making that statement. In fact, in the classification thread in basketball, I take the stance that I could see a reason for classification by class size. Before you take the stance that I want 7,000 different threads. I have already put what I think would be a reasonable classification in a thread in this forum. I believe it called for 5 based on different criteria rather than just size or public/private. Also, notice in my plan privates and publics compete head to head. My plan calls for similar schools to compete against each other for championships.
March 21, 200620 yr A bit off the subject but here is my opinion about something.... I would bet that if we had a school A or school B that each had over 1400 in enrollment and it is or becomes a basketball powerhouse we wouldn't be having these "numbers" discussions.... I believe people would be saying....well school A or B should be good because they have all those kids to choose from!!!!!!!
March 21, 200620 yr A bit off the subject but here is my opinion about something.... I would bet that if we had a school A or school B that each had over 1400 in enrollment and it is or becomes a basketball powerhouse we wouldn't be having these "numbers" discussions.... I believe people would be saying....well school A or B should be good because they have all those kids to choose from!!!!!!! Depends if the school is private or not. If it is a current private school that has little Sweet Sixteen success traditionally in basketball, then the cry of illegal recruiting would ring loud and clear.
March 21, 200620 yr A bit off the subject but here is my opinion about something.... I would bet that if we had a school A or school B that each had over 1400 in enrollment and it is or becomes a basketball powerhouse we wouldn't be having these "numbers" discussions.... I believe people would be saying....well school A or B should be good because they have all those kids to choose from!!!!!!! Depends if the school is private or not. If it is a current private school that has little Sweet Sixteen success traditionally in basketball, then the cry of illegal recruiting would ring loud and clear. John Hardin is the new kid in Hardin County and look at their quick success. I suppose they simply built this school in the one location with the best football and basketball players in the county. Or maybe being a new school, they naturally attracted the more talented kids from other schools.
March 22, 200620 yr Depends if the school is private or not. If it is a current private school that has little Sweet Sixteen success traditionally in basketball, then the cry of illegal recruiting would ring loud and clear. I was going to post this as well yesterday but didn't feel it was needed because it's a given :lol: :lol: What is John Hardin's enrollment now?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.