Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 41 Dixie Heights 7

Featured Replies

Hedger is a big kid with nice hands. However, it takes a while for him to get downfield.

  • Replies 129
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CCH appears to pay more attention to the kicking and kick coverage game than most programs. Special teams plays were key and big momentum changers in both games. It was more of Boone and Dixie not being as well prepared in this area.

 

Boone put up more of a fight last week.

Johnson and Hedger are D-1 commits. Dixie has to many kids never leaving the feild. Hedger playing D-End and TE. Johnson playing Oline and Dline. Many others also playing both ways..

 

Doesn't explain Moore's performance. Especially the lack of targeting Hedger. I throw to 6' 5" TE being covered by a 5' 10" corner, even if he is covered.

Hedger is a big kid with nice hands. However, it takes a while for him to get downfield.

 

Couldn't agree more. Great size but very slow. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play tackle at the next level even though it's been said in here he will play TE. I just don't see it.

 

I will also stick my neck out this early in the season. And that is I pick CCH to win their district this year. I think Highlands streak over CCH is in jeopardy this year.

Hedger is a big kid with nice hands. However, it takes a while for him to get downfield.

 

100% agree. Can't teach height but kind of plodding. Will need to get that improved.

Also agree on Moore- I thought he actually looked better his Soph year. He had time- mostly because Cov Cath rushed three and played contain of him- but couldn't read the defense for the most part.

I truly expected this to be a slobber knocker from what everyone was saying about Dixie heading into the season. Either Dixie is not as good as advertised, or Cov Cath is better. I'm hoping the latter.

Today we were also without Dressman (holding out to rest shoulder I think), starting guard Baute, who is out with a knee injury and McGinness, who rolled his ankle in practice. So kids stepping up big.

This was as complete and convincing a victory as you will see in all phases of the game.

McDowell was a beast today- scored on a punt return, a reception and threw a TD on a reverse pass.

It's ashame that drew moore looks the exact same as he did is sophomore year. Dixie has some size but overall an average team. Cov cath looked good. Imop it was more of Dixie being unprepared and cov cath executing on a higher level. Cov cath should be Intersting this year.

 

Moore would be better off playing rb/wr or db.

100% agree. Can't teach height but kind of plodding. Will need to get that improved. Also agree on Moore- I thought he actually looked better his Soph year. He had time- mostly because Cov Cath rushed three and played contain of him- but couldn't read the defense for the most part. I truly expected this to be a slobber knocker from what everyone was saying about Dixie heading into the season. Either Dixie is not as good as advertised' date=' or Cov Cath is better. I'm hoping the latter. Today we were also without Dressman (holding out to rest shoulder I think), starting guard Baute, who is out with a knee injury and McGinness, who rolled his ankle in practice. So kids stepping up big. This was as complete and convincing a victory as you will see in all phases of the game. McDowell was a beast today- scored on a punt return, a reception and threw a TD on a reverse pass.[/quote']

 

Good yo see Doug Lonneman step in at right guard today.

As I predicted in another thread soph WR Brent Angel is working his way into the rotation.

Couldn't agree more. Great size but very slow. Wouldn't be surprised to see him play tackle at the next level even though it's been said in here he will play TE. I just don't see it.

 

I will also stick my neck out this early in the season. And that is I pick CCH to win their district this year. I think Highlands streak over CCH is in jeopardy this year.

 

Hedger was recruited as a blocking TE with good hands. Hand down TE that blocks 90% of the time. Then slips out into the flats. Short yard pass plays.

  • Author

Anyone care to address the discussion that was brought up in the prediction thread about Cov Cath's toughness?

Was it just me or did it look like Dixie only had 40 to 50 kids this year?

As I predicted in another thread soph WR Brent Angel is working his way into the rotation.

 

Good to hear. Knew it was just a matter of time. Any stats?

  • Author
I thought the CCH pass protection was pretty spectacular.

 

I thought Dixie's adjustments at the half enabled them to got a little more accomplished against the pass, but all in all, I was pretty happy with the Cov Cath's pass protection.

What impressed me most with CCH is the speed they have on their D Line. Their front 7 swarm to the ball, very quick.

#99 for CCH has a non stop motor.

Hedger was recruited as a blocking TE with good hands. Hand down TE that blocks 90% of the time. Then slips out into the flats. Short yard pass plays.

I wish him all the best, great size, great hands, just not the speed I thought he would of had.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.