'16 Newport G Ethan Snapp Recruitment

Ethan will be playing in the King of the Bluegrass Showcase on January 30, 2015 at Fairdale H. S. Different teams and games on the 31st

Playing against Fairdale, right?

Newport is playing a tough schedule this season. That event is just one of many opportunities that Ethan will have to showcase his talents.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethan will be playing in the King of the Bluegrass Showcase on January 30, 2015 at Fairdale H. S. Different teams and games on the 31st

Good stuff. I was about to ask if there were going to be any "showcase" games for him this year where he got to matchup with some top competition. Looks like that question is answered.

Good stuff. I was about to ask if there were going to be any "showcase" games for him this year where he got to matchup with some top competition. Looks like that question is answered.

He matched up against high level competition in AAU and fared well.

He matched up against high level competition in AAU and fared well.

True, and while that's great for college coaches, most Kentucky High School fans aren't huge on AAU (at least it doesn't have the same following as it does in most other states, especially in comparison to how people follow their local schools). Will definitely be a treat for those who didn't get to see him on the AAU circuit at least.

Congrats to Ethan. I know hes working hard to gain strength and weight so you cant ask him to do much more. Hes also putting Up 1000 shots a day according to his pops who talks to my son a lot at the Gym. Good Kid and I also Love that he has some swag about him. Hope he has an awesome year. I could See him avg close to 30ppg

Congrats to Ethan. I know hes working hard to gain strength and weight so you cant ask him to do much more. Hes also putting Up 1000 shots a day according to his pops who talks to my son a lot at the Gym. Good Kid and I also Love that he has some swag about him. Hope he has an awesome year. I could See him avg close to 30ppg

Had a chance to watch Ethan play this summer in a tournament in Ohio. He did it all. Dribble, shoot, 3 ball. He made me a believer. Funny thing is if you did the eyeball test he's the last kid picked in a lineup. His confidence was amazing.

Charleston might be D2 but is a really solid offer for Snapp. Their roster will be full of D1 transfers and Juco's this coming season. Snapp was the only player to receive an offer after a really good showing at their elite camp. Also had a good showing at NKU's elite camp.

Something to think about. Regardless of Division, Snapp is one of only 4 players in the 9th and 10th region (I believe) that currently hold a college offer. (Bolden. McDonald, and VonHandorf being the others)

This is incorrect. There are others.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing Snapp this year. He must of improved a great deal over the summer. I still don't know if I'd have him in my top 10 in NKY right now. There must be something going on to have this much interest. Has to be an exciting time for him.

Had a Morehead assistant ask me about Ethan today.

Was told he had a really good workout yesterday in front of Belmont.

Another D1 (can't say who) has an in home scheduled with his family.

Have they changed the D1 recruiting guidelines recently? Used to be that an in home visit with a junior could only be done during the April recruiting period?

Off campus contacts used to be limited to prospects educational institution for juniors except for that April recruiting period? NCAA rules change frequently so if there has been any changes since the August 2013 update that might allow for an in home visit with a current junior?

If they are scheduling the in home visit for April already that is extremely proactive planning by that particular program!