Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most "underrated" band EVER......

Featured Replies

I haven't thought about them in quite awhile, but I loved Shooting Star. Saw them in 1982 with Duke Jupiter at the last ever performance held in the old Palace Theater in downtown Cincy. They were awesome. Last Chance was one of my favorite songs.

 

I was sitting way high up in the balcony and someone thought they'd fling a frisbee from out of the balcony, but it didn't go very far for instead it struck me square in the back of the head. Ouch!

 

Thanks for bringing them up, I'm gonna dig revisiting some of their tunes.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with headliners like The Beatles, Stones and Led Zeppelin, back in the day some of my favorites were Wishbone Ash, Deep Purple, Strawbs, Mountain, Emerson Lake & Palmer, and probably my favorite - Yes.

 

Still have all the vinyl.

Been a big Shooting Star fan for over 25 years. When I saw your thread title, Shooting Star came to mind.

I figured that sooner or later someone would be chiming in with a vote for Queensryche.

The Replacements. Best band of the '80s and most of you have never heard of them.

 

This is probably their signature song.

 

[video=youtube_share;Wigclcg3stc]http://youtu.be/Wigclcg3stc

  • Author
Been a big Shooting Star fan for over 25 years. When I saw your thread title, Shooting Star came to mind.

 

You know what they say, "great minds think alike".

Not sure they were underrated. If they toured as openers for all of those major acts and were really good enough, they would have been recognized as a great band.

They were very good, just not great.

Not sure they were underrated. If they toured as openers for all of those major acts and were really good enough, they would have been recognized as a great band.

They were very good, just not great.

 

What band are you referring to?

Never heard of Shooting Star but the music was pretty good.

A band I discovered after the fact was Thunder. They arrived in the early 90's and had a very minor hit called "Dirty Love" This song, "Love Walks in" is my favorite. After hearing this song on XM a few years ago, I started digging around, and they really have some pretty cool stuff they released through the late 90', and 00's. Apparently they were pretty big in the UK and Japan. In the US, when they first appeared, grunge had already taken over, and they just never had a chance.

 

And something a little more recent from Thunder

 

What band are you referring to?

 

The one that Lawnboy has a man crush on. Shooting Star.

I'm going to mention a band that I absolutely love but wasn't really an underrated band although many people who would recognize their songs may not realize they are the ones who wrote and recorded many of them.

 

Here is one of their songs that became a big hit when Rascal Flatts and then Carrie Underwood Recorded it.

 

 

 

The band is Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Some of their bigger hits that people will recognize...

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.