Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When does life start?

Featured Replies

Didn't want to hijack the Satanic Temple Thread...

 

This isn't to discuss the right or wrong of abortion....just discussing the Rights or lack of Rights of the unborn.

 

When does life start?

Do the unborn have rights, if so when do they begin?

Is their no life or rights until birth?

  • Replies 86
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, without a medical/scientific consensus as to when life starts, it's hard to place a legal definition to it.

 

I believe, because of my religious faith, that life starts at conception. I am 100% against abortion, and believe the unborn should have the same rights as anyone else.

 

However, having said that, I also don't believe it's the government's job to legislate based on faith, thus I have no issue with the current laws.

 

May seem like a contradiction, but I try my darnedest to keep my religious and political views separate.

  • Author
Unfortunately, without a medical/scientific consensus as to when life starts, it's hard to place a legal definition to it.

 

I believe, because of my religious faith, that life starts at conception. I am 100% against abortion, and believe the unborn should have the same rights as anyone else.

 

However, having said that, I also don't believe it's the government's job to legislate based on faith, thus I have no issue with the current laws.

 

May seem like a contradiction, but I try my darnedest to keep my religious and political views separate.

I feel much the same way

At the time of conception. babies have the genetic code they'll have for the rest of their life.

 

At 5 weeks they have a heartbeat

At 6 weeks doctors can detect brainwaves,

At 8 weeks they develop a nose.

At 9 weeks, they begin to hiccup.

At 10 weeks, they develop bones

At 16 weeks, hair starts to grow, and they even smile

At 17 weeks, they start to have dreams.

 

 

 

After 20 weeks, most babies begin to be aborted.

Science defines when life begins.

Life begins at fertilization.

 

Agree.

If it is not a baby than you are not pregnant. If you are pregnant than it is a baby. Pretty simple.

My nephew was born in May and due in September. If my math serves me correctly when he was born he could have still been aborted. He is now a very bright, intelligent 16 year old. Was he alive before he was born?

What is that definition?

 

Life beings at conception/fertilization.

  • Author

I'm surprised no one has come on here to tell everyone they are wrong?

  • Author

Something I've never understood about abortion. A woman can be on the way to an abortion clinic to abort her child and that seems to be fine and acceptable by a lot of people. However if someone is careless in someway and is the cause of an accident in which she loses the very child she was on the way to have aborted, they can be charged with manslaughter or murder depending on the circumstances.

 

Further more, if a mother takes drugs while pregnant and loses her child prior to birth they may be charged as well.

If a newborn has drugs in their system when they are born the mother can be charged with endangering the child while it was still in the womb.

 

But if a woman decides to have an abortion just because she doesn't want to be bothered by having a child, all is good. (Read a story where some women are known to have as many as 10 abortions and one had 15 in 16 years)

 

Women have the right to decide what happens to their body but when do the child's rights start?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.