Caldwell County wins WKC passing tourney

Caldwell County won the WKC 7-on-7 passing tourney on Saturday at Christian County.

The Tigers went 3-1 in pool play, beating Todd County Central, Christian County and Marshall County, but losing a close game to Madisonville-North Hopkins.

Caldwell then beat Marshall, Trigg County and Mayfield to win the tournament.

I never put too much stock in the outcomes of passing tourneys because football certainly changes when blocking and tackling become a big part of the equation. However, it looks to me like Caldwell has an even deeper group of receivers than last year and it looks like the team is a little quicker defensively.

Caldwell County won the WKC 7-on-7 passing tourney on Saturday at Christian County.

The Tigers went 3-1 in pool play, beating Todd County Central, Christian County and Marshall County, but losing a close game to Madisonville-North Hopkins.

Caldwell then beat Marshall, Trigg County and Mayfield to win the tournament.

I never put too much stock in the outcomes of passing tourneys because football certainly changes when blocking and tackling become a big part of the equation. However, it looks to me like Caldwell has an even deeper group of receivers than last year and it looks like the team is a little quicker defensively.

Congrats to the Tigers. How did Mayfield look?

What is the name of Caldwell Co's best WR? I was at a camp/combine with my boy a couple years ago and there was an underclassman, I believe he was only a sophomore or going to be a sophomore at the time and he lit up the camp. I thought he went to Caldwell Co. but I could be mistaken. He could do it all, he could of played QB if he wanted to. Was very tall, fast and strong and made many of the upperclassmen at the camp look like grade schoolers.

Mayfield looked very strong. They have a lot of speed, surprise!, and the Arnett kid looked good at qb. He is a small kid but had a strong arm. The Guhys will be tough to replace but I feel Arnett will be a strong replacement given time. Mayfield eliminated Madisonville which won the McCracken tourney the weekend before.

With all that being said, I put very little stock in 7on7 tourneys. It's basically practice.

I left before the Mayfield game so I didn't get to see them.

Madisonville looked good I thought. Sindelar threw a pick in that game that ended up being the difference and was Caldwell's only loss.

Otherwise, I was pleasantly surprised by Caldwell's receivers, and that was with Eli Pepper still in Milwaukee playing basketball. And I already knew Sindelar could throw the football a little bit.:lol2:

To go along with what others said, everyone I spoke too felt great about where QB Arnett is at. This team is loaded at receiver and if Arnett is as far along as many think we maybe okay this year

I was told that Arnett kid did very well and has a big arm. Apparently the Bacon kid really showed out. The height of the Bacon kid with his experience and ability to catch everything thrown his way should make him a good target for the young QB. I like the quickness and toughness of Kennemore in the other slot. Not sure about the two new starters at the wideout positions. Im sure they are there for a reason just havent seen them play much. All accounts has this team coming along well.

I was told that Arnett kid did very well and has a big arm. Apparently the Bacon kid really showed out. The height of the Bacon kid with his experience and ability to catch everything thrown his way should make him a good target for the young QB. I like the quickness and toughness of Kennemore in the other slot. Not sure about the two new starters at the wideout positions. Im sure they are there for a reason just havent seen them play much. All accounts has this team coming along well.

Welcome aboard, truecardinalfan!

Just hit you with your first "like". Welcome aboard!

Not sure about the two new starters at the wideout positions. Im sure they are there for a reason just havent seen them play much. All accounts has this team coming along well.

Colby Tucker, he was a regular contributor last year and should have a big year this year

So glad to have you on the site. Look forward to reading more from you.