Best team in 6A/old 4A never to win a title.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the 1A thread and it got me to thinking about all the great teams in the largest class who didn't win a title.

Three spring to mind immediately:

1994 Boone County

2002 Male

1994 Male

Thoughts?

The 2002 Male team was amazing. The Male team that went down to a last second goal line tackle at Male's stadium was really good too. That was one of Redman's last seasons. May have been his last season, don't recall.

Don't recall, who did the 94 Male team lose to? Wasn't Trinity was it?

Who did the 87 Boone Co team lose to?

Warrant Central did have some impressive teams in 89 and 90. Wasn't their star running back Damon Hood? (Do I have that right?). One of Trinity's linebackers (I think Damien Logan if I have his name correct) mentioned tackling him head on felt like tackling a freight train head on.

The 2002 Male team was amazing. The Male team that went down to a last second goal line tackle at Male's stadium was really good too. That was one of Redman's last seasons. May have been his last season, don't recall.

Warrant Central did have some impressive teams in 89 and 90. Wasn't their star running back Damon Hood? (Do I have that right?). One of Trinity's linebackers (I think Damien Logan if I have his name correct) mentioned tackling him head on felt like tackling a freight train head on.

Redman was at male until 2008 or 2009 I think.

The 94 team lost to St. X who then lost to Boone County I think.

The 2002 Male team was amazing. The Male team that went down to a last second goal line tackle at Male's stadium was really good too. That was one of Redman's last seasons. May have been his last season' date=' don't recall. Don't recall, who did the 94 Male team lose to? Wasn't Trinity was it? Who did the 87 Boone Co team lose to? Warrant Central did have some impressive teams in 89 and 90. Wasn't their star running back Damon Hood? (Do I have that right?). One of Trinity's linebackers (I think Damien Logan if I have his name correct) mentioned tackling him head on felt like tackling a freight train head on.[/quote']

Those were indeed the two Damon Hood teams. 89 was probably their better team. Beat St. X in the semis before falling by a pair of scores to Trinity.

Those were indeed the two Damon Hood teams. 89 was probably their better team. Beat St. X in the semis before falling by a pair of scores to Trinity.

Damon Hood had a pretty respectable UK career didn't he?

I wasn't at the game but I am told while Damien Logan did not stop Damon Hood (did anyone?), he defended him pretty decently for such an amazing running back and woke up rather sore the next day.

87 team lost to Shelby County a team they beat earlier in the year.

Saw the 1A thread and it got me to thinking about all the great teams in the largest class who didn't win a title.

Three spring to mind immediately:

1994 Boone County

2002 Male

1994 Male

Thoughts?

Boone County not winning the big division ever under Hauck!

That was amazing.

Wow!!! His chance to really brag about his boys being the 2nd best in 6A and a chance to gain some respect and he is nowhere to be found.

Probably bragging about a Frosh Championship or the 8 D1 prospects on the O Line or something...LOL

Wow!!! His chance to really brag about his boys being the 2nd best in 6A and a chance to gain some respect and he is nowhere to be found.

Probably bragging about a Frosh Championship or the 8 D1 prospects on the O Line or something...LOL

Lost me with this comment Sweeper.

Those BC teams were pretty good.