Who will be the best team in N Ky this season? - Girls thread

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I should have said usual suspect for those who have such a short memory or maybe those who haven't followed N Ky girls soccer for the last 5 or 6 years.

Sorry to mention the 2010 State Champion Crusaders who have had a 77% winning percentage against N Ky schools since that state title just 4 years ago.

How about putting some names out there of returning players? Who lost a lot to graduation, and which teams return a solid core? Any D1 players in this years senior class?

Seems really strange that a top 5 in the state team cannot find a coach a week before tryouts are to begin. That being said I like

1.NDA

2.Ryle

3.HHS

4.St Henry

5.NCC

6. Simon Kenton

7.Campbell County

8.Brossart

I must admit that 2-8 are pretty even and the season seems to be wide open,

I guess I should have said usual suspect for those who have such a short memory or maybe those who haven't followed N Ky girls soccer for the last 5 or 6 years.

Sorry to mention the 2010 State Champion Crusaders who have had a 77% winning percentage against N Ky schools since that state title just 4 years ago.

How about putting some names out there of returning players? Who lost a lot to graduation, and which teams return a solid core? Any D1 players in this years senior class?

Nemeroff (Dixie) is headed to UK after her Senior season.

Highlands returns a very strong core for the 2014 season. They have 4 3-year starters returning in Taylor Vaughn, Allyson Bridewell, Brooke Dougherty and Brooklyn Rivers. Peyton Bankemper returns to solidify the back line and it is my understanding that Lydia Graves is desiring to move from an outside back position to between the pipes. Solid group of young kids led by Kierstan Clukey and Kayla Nehus who saw significant varsity time last year as frosh make the Lady Birds one of the teams to beat this year. Keys are to stay healthy throughout the season and be able to adjust to the new coaches scheme.

Seems really strange that a top 5 in the state team cannot find a coach a week before tryouts are to begin. That being said I like

1.NDA

2.Ryle

3.HHS

4.St Henry

5.NCC

6. Simon Kenton

7.Campbell County

8.Brossart

I must admit that 2-8 are pretty even and the season seems to be wide open,

Notre Dame, coach or no coach, by far has the most talent top to bottom in N KY. Not saying they can't be beat this year, but as far as pre season # 1 they are typical Notre Dame. Two through four will probably be HHS, Ryle, and Ncc, but hard to tell what order. Not sure how much Ryle lost, but I know HHS and Ncc didn't lose much and should be better this year than last and both made it to at least the regional semis. The next five through ten will probably be St. Henry, Boone County, Simon Kenton, Dixie, and Campbell County in no particular order. Brossart lost a lot to graduation and will be interesting to see how they do this year. Not saying they won't have a good year but a lot of new faces will be on the field for the Mustangs this year.