Who will be the best team in N Ky this season? - Girls thread

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the crusaders may have a little argument about that.....didn't they win state 3 years ago?

2010 was the year St. Henry won state with the older Leedom girl. That year was a very completitive year in NKYand it wouldn't have been a surprise if either NDA or Highlands would have emerged as the best team in NKY. Since that point the talent pool at NDA has been significantly better than either Highlands or St. Henry (or any other team in NKY) and although upsets can certainly happen (particularly if a game ends up in PK's) it would have been a surprise if anyone other than NDA emerged from NKY on top.

I think that for the next 2 years, NDA should be the best team in NKY, too athletic across the board for most teams they will face.

Coaching change may have an effect this year but who knows. ND has 600 girls and the other 6A schools with that many usually can't field a JV and Frosh team. The other competitive schools (St. Henry, NCC has half as many or a third as many girls.

Coaching change may have an effect this year but who knows. ND has 600 girls and the other 6A schools with that many usually can't field a JV and Frosh team. The other competitive schools (St. Henry, NCC has half as many or a third as many girls.

Coaching change could be a factor but I heard that there is "extra" support during the transition. I also think that you can throw enrollment numbers out the window... several of the girls that are playing high level Club Soccer are going to NDA to play soccer.

ND has 600 girls and the other 6A schools with that many usually can't field a JV and Frosh team.

Conner and Cooper have about the same # of girls as NDA, but Camp Co, Simon Kenton, Boone Co, Dixie Heights and Ryle all have way more girls than NDA. Why can't they field teams?

Conner and Cooper have about the same # of girls as NDA, but Camp Co, Simon Kenton, Boone Co, Dixie Heights and Ryle all have way more girls than NDA. Why can't they field teams?

They all around the same number. ND has 585-600 girls. As for why can't they all field Frosh, JV, and Varsity teams like ND does the percentage of student participation is generally higher at private schools than at large public schools.

They all around the same number. ND has 585-600 girls. As for why can't they all field Frosh, JV, and Varsity teams like ND does the percentage of student participation is generally higher at private schools than at large public schools.

Ryle and Simon Kenton both have 200 more. That's 50 a grade. I would say that's a lot more. Seems like that should be enough.

Ryle and Simon Kenton both have 200 more. That's 50 a grade. I would say that's a lot more. Seems like that should be enough.

Ryle does field a Freshman team. Not sure about SK, but I don't think they do.

Coaching change could be a factor but I heard that there is "extra" support during the transition. I also think that you can throw enrollment numbers out the window... several of the girls that are playing high level Club Soccer are going to NDA to play soccer.

Please clarify. Are you saying they are attending NDA only because they want to play soccer there?