Old Football Pictures

Wow....when did Boyle switch from the yellow background with black numbers & detailing to their current black background with yellow numbers & detailing?

Those were actually a mid-cut mesh practice jersey but it was the first time we ever had such a color scheme. We wore them the first two games because it was so hot but they showed up poorly on film so Coach Rall went back to the Black with Gold Numbers and White with Black Numbers after that. It wasn't the official team photo that year but it was taken with them because they were new.

I'M TRYING TO INSERT A PICTURE, HERE. I'LL TRY LATER.

1979 Lincoln County High School.

Hatz, just looking at pictures how did you beat us 21-7 that year?

Tough as nails ground game that kept the ball out of Ronnie's hands. We shut down Jeff and tried to keep Ronnie boxed in. It was a magical year.

Tough as nails ground game that kept the ball out of Ronnie's hands. We shut down Jeff and tried to keep Ronnie boxed in. It was a magical year.

"Tough as Nails" makes me think of Coach Rall's teams. I still can't get my picture to post but if you looked at the teams side-by-side, you would know what I mean (which you do).

None of our family knows what team that is that he played for or where it is that they are playing, but that's is my great-great grandpa, Carl Krieg, seated in the portrait. The picture would have been from a team playing somewhere around Greater Cincinnati (I'm guessing it's NKY judging from the Bavarian's Beer billboard on the field). Taken circa 1912.

Carl Krieg still has plenty of descendents around Kenton and Campbell Counties - particularly Campbell, since his son Jack lived in Campbell County and had like 7 sons.

amkrieg-203.jpg

amkrieg-205.jpg

amkrieg-204.jpg

• 6 months later...

FullSizeRender.jpg

Here is a picture of my dad, John Buchanan. The year is 1958. He is a sophomore and this is on the first football team at London HS in London, Ky....before there was a North & South Laurel, and even before there was a Laurel County HS.

Post more old pictures that you have.

• Like 1