June 9, 201412 yr UK is taking a trip to the Bahamas this summer as we all know. Which players can go on this trip and participate in the 10 pre-trip practices? I know several years ago these trips were only for returning players and new recruits (Freshmen or Transfers) could not go or practice with the team. Is that still the case or can incoming Freshmen now go also?
June 9, 201412 yr The incoming freshmen can go. Knight, Lamb, & Poole all played when they went to Canada. Terrence Jones got hurt in one of the games & they held him out for the rest of the trip as a precaution. Enes could not play because of his NCAA issues.
June 9, 201412 yr Do you know when this changed? I don't ever remember a time when incoming freshmen couldn't go. But then again, I wasn't really paying close attention.
June 9, 201412 yr Author I believe during the Joe B days they could not, but I don't know if they were on campus yet or not back then during the summer. But if I remember correctly it was an NCAA rule. NCAA also limits how often you can take these trips, maybe every four years, so that they aren't used as a recruiting tool.
June 9, 201412 yr Someone said it above... as long as they're enrolled, they can go. The signees for this year are all enrolled at UofL; have to think UK works the same way.
June 9, 201412 yr Where can If find some info on the trip ? If haven't heard any specifics yet. Had planned on a week at the hard rock in punta Cana but the Bahamas could work also.
June 9, 201412 yr Where can If find some info on the trip ? If haven't heard any specifics yet. Had planned on a week at the hard rock in punta Cana but the Bahamas could work also. I believe sometime in mid-August in the Bahamas. I don't think the specifics have been released yet.
June 9, 201412 yr I'm assuming it will be held at Atlantis. Hate that. No all inclusive and I'm believe you have to stay at the resort to get the ticket packages.
June 10, 201412 yr I believe sometime in mid-August in the Bahamas. I don't think the specifics have been released yet. KSR will most likely have them as soon as they are released.
June 10, 201412 yr Pretty sure Willie won't play. Besides him everyone else will. And everyone will be on campus by this coming weekend.
June 13, 201412 yr Bahamas trip will be August 9th-17th and UK will play 6 games: 2 against the Dominican national team, 2 against a Puerto Rico reserve team, and 2 against a French pro team. All of this per Matt Jones.
June 13, 201412 yr It's smart to schedule these trips. Bonding experience for the team to develop chemistry and they get extra practice too, don't they?
June 13, 201412 yr It's smart to schedule these trips. Bonding experience for the team to develop chemistry and they get extra practice too, don't they? Yep. Lots of practice and game time. Plus, it's the Bahamas.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.