Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Red Sox Series (5/6 thru 5/7)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 162
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Price pretty much admitted he screwed up in his post game.

 

That's good to hear. Don't remember hearing Dusty do that. What did Price say?

Price pretty much admitted he screwed up in his post game.

 

I guess I can live with that. Better than be a stubborn horses butt.

So, you think this teams issues are growing pains?

 

No, but I think some of the manager's issues are growing pains. The teams biggest issue and it's not close is health.

No, but I think some of the manager's issues are growing pains. The teams biggest issue and it's not close is health.

I call hogwash. The manager was the freakin pitching coach. He knows the staff more intimately than anyone on the planet. No excuses. Just awful management.

I call hogwash. The manager was the freakin pitching coach. He knows the staff more intimately than anyone on the planet. No excuses. Just awful management.

 

I'm not saying it wasn't awful. I am saying I would think he would improve. At the very least I'm hoping he improves like all the rest of us. As GT pointed out to me last night on twitter he also is the guy that decides run on contact that has been just awful. Maybe he changes that too so they quit getting guys thrown out at the plate at what has to be a record clip.

Schumaker seemed to give them a spark the last couple of days. If Hamilton comes back and is able to hit I'd put Schumaker in the two hole and slide Votto to third while Bruce was out. If Hamilton is ineffective hitting I'd move Schumaker to leadoff, hit the pitcher 8th and bat Hamilton 9th.

I'm not saying it wasn't awful. I am saying I would think he would improve. At the very least I'm hoping he improves like all the rest of us. As GT pointed out to me last night on twitter he also is the guy that decides run on contact that has been just awful. Maybe he changes that too so they quit getting guys thrown out at the plate at what has to be a record clip.
I don't disagree. However, there are baseball plays that don't need coached up. Like getting a secondary lead from 3rd base when the 3rd basemen isn't in the same area code. You see a guy even begin to lay one down there and you should be nearly half way down the line on contact, contrary to what that genius Chris Welsh thinks. Cozart should have scored, game over. That's not on the manager, and game one is in the books. What is on the manager is leaving Ondrusek in the game with a healthy, ready left hander in Marshall in the pen to rot away. Freakin ignorant. And the contact play last night really didn't make a difference in the inning, regardless how stupid it was. What mattered last night was leaving Hoover out there when you could see right out of the gate he couldn't find the plate. And everyone on the planet knows the RedSox make you throw strikes. Well, Bingo, he didn't and the Reds ate it. We can gripe about run on contact and all that, and I hate it like everyone else, but this series hangs around the neck of the former pitching coach, plain and simple. And to leave Boston 2-0 not only was a real possibility, it was gift wrapped. No injuries prevented it, no run on contact calls prevented it. It was Price and help from Cozart.
I don't disagree. However, there are baseball plays that don't need coached up. Like getting a secondary lead from 3rd base when the 3rd basemen isn't in the same area code. You see a guy even begin to lay one down there and you should be nearly half way down the line on contact, contrary to what that genius Chris Welsh thinks. Cozart should have scored, game over. That's not on the manager, and game one is in the books. What is on the manager is leaving Ondrusek in the game with a healthy, ready left hander in Marshall in the pen to rot away. Freakin ignorant. And the contact play last night really didn't make a difference in the inning, regardless how stupid it was. What mattered last night was leaving Hoover out there when you could see right out of the gate he couldn't find the plate. And everyone on the planet knows the RedSox make you throw strikes. Well, Bingo, he didn't and the Reds ate it. We can gripe about run on contact and all that, and I hate it like everyone else, but this series hangs around the neck of the former pitching coach, plain and simple. And to leave Boston 2-0 not only was a real possibility, it was gift wrapped. No injuries prevented it, no run on contact calls prevented it. It was Price and help from Cozart.

 

Ignoring the injuries is a mistake. Price is also to blame no doubt. If Chapman were available Ondrusek and Hoover hopefully wouldn't have even been options.

Ignoring the injuries is a mistake. Price is also to blame no doubt. If Chapman were available Ondrusek and Hoover hopefully wouldn't have even been options.

 

I'm not ignoring the injuries. They didn't cause the Reds to lose 2 games. Fact.

Schumaker seemed to give them a spark the last couple of days. If Hamilton comes back and is able to hit I'd put Schumaker in the two hole and slide Votto to third while Bruce was out. If Hamilton is ineffective hitting I'd move Schumaker to leadoff, hit the pitcher 8th and bat Hamilton 9th.

 

Agree wholeheartedly. I don't mind Votto in the 2-hole with Bruce in the lineup, but he needs to be hitting 3rd or 4th with Bruce on the DL.

I don't disagree. However, there are baseball plays that don't need coached up. Like getting a secondary lead from 3rd base when the 3rd basemen isn't in the same area code. You see a guy even begin to lay one down there and you should be nearly half way down the line on contact, contrary to what that genius Chris Welsh thinks. Cozart should have scored, game over. That's not on the manager, and game one is in the books. What is on the manager is leaving Ondrusek in the game with a healthy, ready left hander in Marshall in the pen to rot away. Freakin ignorant. And the contact play last night really didn't make a difference in the inning, regardless how stupid it was. What mattered last night was leaving Hoover out there when you could see right out of the gate he couldn't find the plate. And everyone on the planet knows the RedSox make you throw strikes. Well, Bingo, he didn't and the Reds ate it. We can gripe about run on contact and all that, and I hate it like everyone else, but this series hangs around the neck of the former pitching coach, plain and simple. And to leave Boston 2-0 not only was a real possibility, it was gift wrapped. No injuries prevented it, no run on contact calls prevented it. It was Price and help from Cozart.

 

This is getting freaky because I agree with you, too. You're taught at an early age to go as far down the basepath as the 3rd baseman will allow. Poor baserunning, but par for the course for this Reds team over the past 2 years.

So who gets the nod for starting tomorrow's series? I'm willing to put my 3-1 series record on the line during these tough times.

I'm not ignoring the injuries. They didn't cause the Reds to lose 2 games. Fact.

 

So now we're giving our opinions but stating them as fact? I'll give it a whirl.

 

If Chapman was here and Broxton and Marshall were used earlier instead of saved for later in the game they don't lose both games. Fact.

So now we're giving our opinions but stating them as fact? I'll give it a whirl.

 

If Chapman was here and Broxton and Marshall were used earlier instead of saved for later in the game they don't lose both games. Fact.

They could have won the game(s) with the players there. You can blame it on whatever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.