Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Things to watch for at state

Featured Replies

First off the field is loaded at the 17u level. In one of the pools you have 3/4 teams from last years final four. The KY Bulldogs play The Ville at 7 Friday night. That will be a highly entertaining match up. Bolin and Hedger get another shot at Hall, and I will tell you something they were not happy about the turnout in December at LexCath.

People may be hyping up several kids, but watch out for Austin Schreck and Stanley. They are two of the top 4 guards in the 2015 class from the ninth.

Moreover, I expect a monster weekend from Hoop Dreams 17u, both teams are very good. They have depth, they have skill, and they have better athletes than most of the teams. Trey Moses is a monster, and his footwork and post moves have come a long way. Timmy Taylor is a great high school point guard, and has a knack for finding guys in the right spot.

I do not think the Travelers 16u team playing up has a chance at the title. Especially considering the former Travelers (Tanner Johnson & Isaiah Collier) in the tournament will have a say before it is all said and done. Moreover, their freshman are not as strong and do not have the size to compete.

In the 16u division I predict a final four of KY Elite, KY Heat, Manimal, and Hoop Dreams. Ky Elite is very athletic, the Heat have the guards and wings. Manimal was oh so close last year to winning it all, and HD has the guard play and one of my favorite players in Malik Dow. I believe Dow has a great opportunity to be a special player. Standing 6'5 and possessing a strong frame he can be a lock down defender, also he can attack the rim like it is nobody's business.

Evan Hall has handled himself well against other big men in April. And Will Parker as his backup or playing along side of Hall, it becomes really tough down low. But there is also another 5 guys you have to contain for The Ville. Levitch is deadly from the outside and can get to the basket with his length. Staford is really good at getting to the basket and is becoming a better shooter. Johnson has been on fire from the 3 line and has been working on getting to the basket with authority (several dunks this year). Dalton is probably one of the best point guards in the state and controls the game well. Christon is a nice power forward (if he stays out of foul trouble). And Cochran is a lock down defender who can also shoot well from the outside.

 

The game against the NKY Bulldogs should be an interesting pool match up. The Retros is half of the guys from last year 16U winners. The other half in on the Next Level squad. Have not seen either squad play so those 2 teams could be very interesting.

First off the field is loaded at the 17u level. In one of the pools you have 3/4 teams from last years final four. The KY Bulldogs play The Ville at 7 Friday night. That will be a highly entertaining match up. Bolin and Hedger get another shot at Hall, and I will tell you something they were not happy about the turnout in December at LexCath.

People may be hyping up several kids, but watch out for Austin Schreck and Stanley. They are two of the top 4 guards in the 2015 class from the ninth.

Moreover, I expect a monster weekend from Hoop Dreams 17u, both teams are very good. They have depth, they have skill, and they have better athletes than most of the teams. Trey Moses is a monster, and his footwork and post moves have come a long way. Timmy Taylor is a great high school point guard, and has a knack for finding guys in the right spot.

I do not think the Travelers 16u team playing up has a chance at the title. Especially considering the former Travelers (Tanner Johnson & Isaiah Collier) in the tournament will have a say before it is all said and done. Moreover, their freshman are not as strong and do not have the size to compete.

In the 16u division I predict a final four of KY Elite, KY Heat, Manimal, and Hoop Dreams. Ky Elite is very athletic, the Heat have the guards and wings. Manimal was oh so close last year to winning it all, and HD has the guard play and one of my favorite players in Malik Dow. I believe Dow has a great opportunity to be a special player. Standing 6'5 and possessing a strong frame he can be a lock down defender, also he can attack the rim like it is nobody's business.

 

Will Stanley play? Thought he played on the baseball team.

Also..does anyone know who is on the NKY Celtics and both Ky Select teams (15/u and 16/u). Might take in some games of the nky kids and wasn't sure who was on these teams.

Does anybody know rosters or anything about Derby City Elite or SE KY Hoops??

The Bulldogs will be short a few guys this weekend. Bolin will be at a regional track meet, and you are correct, Stanley plays baseball. Nonetheless, the team will be prepared to play with whomever shows up. This team is yet to have the team together in it's entirety, once that happens (hopefully next weekend, but definitely by a Chicago trip in late May), they could be very nice. They have done pretty well so far this year and are still working at it. This team is built with guys who play a great brand of team ball and fill certain roles. Very coachable, hard-working group. This team has several really underrated players in my opinion, but they'll have a chance to go prove it over the next couple of months.

 

The Ville is, as usual, a very good team. Levitch will come out riding high off his D1, NKU offer, as he should be. Hall and Dalton are excellent young players, as well. Christon is strong and has done well the couple of times I've seen him play basketball. Also, a pretty well coached team from my experiences watching in the past.

 

At first glance, this pool looks pretty darn competitive, but Im not sure what this KY Retros team looks like. I know last year they had Trey Moses, and this year, he obviously plays for Hoop Dreams. They had a very nice team last year.

 

Should be a great tournament, as I agree, the field seems loaded.

Upandcomer....you are in for a big surprise if you don't think the Travelers 16U has a shot at winning the 17U title.

 

Their freshman all start or play varsity basketball so playing up at 17U is nothing new for them in terms of competition.

 

Looking forward to a great tournament. I think I may come down for the Friday and Saturday games.

Upandcomer....you are in for a big surprise if you don't think the Travelers 16U has a shot at winning the 17U title.

 

Their freshman all start or play varsity basketball so playing up at 17U is nothing new for them in terms of competition.

 

Looking forward to a great tournament. I think I may come down for the Friday and Saturday games.

 

I completely agree....

The bracket is interesting. Whoever emerges from the bottom portion of the bracket will be battle tested by the time the Championship game rolls around.

Will Stanley play? Thought he played on the baseball team.

Also..does anyone know who is on the NKY Celtics and both Ky Select teams (15/u and 16/u). Might take in some games of the nky kids and wasn't sure who was on these teams.

 

I would assume this is the 17u NKY Celtics (I've seen them playing 17u as both the KY Royals and NKY Celtics) I've seen Donovan,Williams and Moore play with both the 16u and 17u NKY Celtics/ KY Royals teams and I dont see that team listed as playing in the 16u tournament and I've seen this group together playing in 17u tournaments

 

Junior Stockwell (Boone Co)

Blake Donovan (Boone Co)

Connor Kunstek (St Henry)

Jacob Barnes (Conner)

Justin Rabe (Conner)

Jason Covington (Holmes)

Davontay Williams (Dixie)

Eric Moore (Ryle)

Kameron Covington (Newport)

Upandcomer....you are in for a big surprise if you don't think the Travelers 16U has a shot at winning the 17U title.

 

Their freshman all start or play varsity basketball so playing up at 17U is nothing new for them in terms

 

Looking forward to a great tournament. I think I may come down for the Friday and Saturday games.

 

I can't speak for Upandcomer, but I will take a stab at it anyway. I think everyone knows that these kids played/started varsity this year as freshmen. But so did nearly every kid on the rosters for the better 17U teams. They also played and started varsity the following two years - as sophomores and juniors. I think they are ap talented, heady group of players but, likewise, I don't expect them to win the junior division. Guess we will know for sure in a few days.

I think I may come down for the Friday and Saturday games.

 

Be sure to come and say hi. We play at 815 Friday at KBA and 250 Saturday at LCA.

Looking at the brackets for the 17u tourney it looks like the first and second round will begin on Saturday night. That will leave a couple of teams shorthanded. Levitch (TheVille), Stafford (TheVille), Ramser (Prospects), Murphy (Prospects), and Richardson (Prospects) will miss Saturday night games as Trinity has their Prom on Saturday night.

Looking at the brackets for the 17u tourney it looks like the first and second round will begin on Saturday night. That will leave a couple of teams shorthanded. Levitch (TheVille), Stafford (TheVille), Ramser (Prospects), Murphy (Prospects), and Richardson (Prospects) will miss Saturday night games as Trinity has their Prom on Saturday night.

All Ville players will be available Saturday night as it is only Jr Prom..... With Levitich's dad as coach and winning state a big priority for the team, everyone will be available.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.