Beechwood cancels game vs Cooper

I guess Beechwood was afraid of being beat by Cooper in back to back games going back to last season.

This was mainly in frustration. Cooper has only played 4 games in almost the last 3 weeks. 19 days and counting. Getting tired of teams cancelling against Cooper, pretty dang frustrating.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Beechwood was afraid of being beat by Cooper in back to back games going back to last season.

This was mainly in frustration. Cooper has only played 4 games in almost the last 3 weeks. 19 days and counting. Getting tired of teams cancelling against Cooper, pretty dang frustrating.

The late-season challenge. BW played a bunch of tourney games for the A so someone is getting cancelled.

Sucks for Cooper though since they haven't scheduled many games lately.

I guess you can go watch Boone v Ryle.

The late-season challenge. BW played a bunch of tourney games for the A so someone is getting cancelled.

Sucks for Cooper though since they haven't scheduled many games lately.

I guess you can go watch Boone v Ryle.

The problem is they have scheduled a lot of games, the other teams are cancelling on them. In just the last 3 days both Beechwood and Pendelton cancelled on them.

If you are afraid to play a team then don't schedule them BEECHWOOD and PENDELTON!!!!!

Cancelling a game should count as forfeit anyway you look at it. That should be 2 more wins for Cooper and a loss for Beechwood and Pendelton.

Wow.....Just got the word also!

As I just posted , when a team cancels a game that is scheduled it should be counted as a forfeit. Cooper should have 2 more wins since Sat and Beechwood and Pendelton should have losses.

The problem is they have scheduled a lot of games, the other teams are cancelling on them. In just the last 3 days both Beechwood and Pendelton cancelled on them.

If you are afraid to play a team then don't schedule them BEECHWOOD and PENDELTON!!!!!

Cancelling a game should count as forfeit anyway you look at it. That should be 2 more wins for Cooper and a loss for Beechwood and Pendelton.

We agree the issue isn't the W/L result but the fact that your team is not getting a game in to prepare for the tourney, correct?

We agree the issue isn't the W/L result but the fact that your team is not getting a game in to prepare for the tourney, correct?

Yes, but with a team in only it's 6th year, wins do matter. Those two will give them a winning record, something they have never had before

This happens this time of year with everyone. Unfortunately it seems to have bitten Cooper a lot lately. With the rain-outs etc., teams have to move around games to make up conference games or seeding games and so forth. If a team has scheduled heavy late, like most teams do, then that means having to cancel some to get in others. It's what happens to a sport so dependent on the weather.

That is frustrating I'm sure. I would have expected it though. Lots of school stuff going on this week on top of a long weekend of games. It's a shame the Jags seem to be getting an unfair share of the normal mid and end of season schedule shuffling.

I think if they had any pitching left at all, they would have played.

I can assure you Beechwood isn't afraid of Cooper.

Call Bellevue-you all seem to have a good relationship with them. Or Lloyd, or Highlands. You can only play so many games, and with Beechwood winning the all "A" state, it added more games to their schedule. this happens all the time in baseball and softball. If I was a 5A school, I would be scheduling up anyway, not down. Maybe Anderson in Ohio has an opening.

I sincerely doubt that Beechwood was afraid to play. Beechwood just came off of a tournament in which they played 3 games in 2 days, and are in the Coach Connor Classic this weekend where they could very well do the same thing. It comes down to arms, and not putting to many pitches on a young arm. Especially their young arms being sophomores, and still so much growing to do in those small muscles, etc.

Beechwood in the past (with Meyerhoff) were sometimes accused of over throwing pitchers in hopes of a victory (I don't believe this, but it was the talk of NKY more than once). Now Mullins cancels, and protects some arms only to be called scared to play etc.

Sometimes in coaching you just can't win.