Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Underrated/Overlooked players

Featured Replies

Who are some players around the state that you think aren't getting the recognition they deserve? I graduated from JTown in the 90s and I like to take my son to watch their games when I get a chance. They have a junior named Brandon Johnson that can play. He's about 6-3. He can shoot and he is a great passer Seems like he always finds the open man and he plays great defense.

 

Anybody have any info on him? Any schools looking at him?

 

Also what other players around the state deserve more recognition?

  • Replies 57
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hagen Tyler is the most underrated player in the state. Fact. Period. Point blank. End of story.

 

Ronnie Carson, Timmy Taylor and Jacob Conway are also incredibly underrated as well.

100% agree! I have watched all of them, and I know how talented these kids are. I think the attention is starting to show up.

Hagen Tyler is the most underrated player in the state. Fact. Period. Point blank. End of story.

 

Ronnie Carson, Timmy Taylor and Jacob Conway are also incredibly underrated as well.

Brandon Johnson is a really nice player. Very underrated. Agree 100% on Tyler, Taylor,Conway and Carson. After what they did with Hoop Dreams at Pitt Jam Fest people have started to take notice and realize we can play some ball in the 12th region!!!! Looking forward to state tournament next weekend. Should be some really competitive games and high level basketball

It would be great if, when you post a kids name you would also give the school. I am constantly looking for good teams / players for future KOB tournaments

It would be great if, when you post a kids name you would also give the school. I am constantly looking for good teams / players for future KOB tournaments

 

 

Hagen Tyler-Boyle County

 

Timmy Taylor, Jacob Conway-Lincoln County

 

Ronnie Carson-East Jessamine

I agree on Evan Hall. I love this kid. He just gets overshadowed by Cam Justice. I got a feeling after the state tournament next weekend Hagen Tyler won't be underrated anymore. He is a top 10 player in class of 2015 in the state period!! I also think Conway and Taylors stock will rise after next weekend. Taylor is the best PG in the state and Conway is top 20 player in class of 2015 in the state. Next weekend should be fun!!

Those 4 make for an exceptionally strong class by 12th region standards. Add Peyton Woods and you have, IMO, 5 players in the top 25 in the state in just the 12th region's class of 2015 alone.

Hagen and Timmy I would agree with. Your other 3 are good players, but not Top 25, would get ate-up in 14th, 6th & 7th region. IMO

From what I have seen over the last year, the 9th region looks to be well represented in the next few years. Not naming individual players, but there are 6 or 7 schools in the region that have some absolute athletes in the 9th , soon to be 10th grade alone, many of which have already played JV/Varsity in more than one sport. (Ryle, CCH, NCC, SK, Cooper, Conner, Dixie Heights) just to name some. All have at least two to three kids that can play athletically with anyone around. Going to be a fun few years in NKY.

Hagen and Timmy I would agree with. Your other 3 are good players, but not Top 25, would get ate-up in 14th, 6th & 7th region. IMO

 

I can agree to disagree with you on them not being top 25. But to say they'd get "ate-up" shows a lack of knowledge. I think Conway ate a little 6th region this past year when he led his team in scoring in wins against Doss and Bullitt East (6th). I'd say Carson was pretty full after scoring 25 in a 2 point loss to Dunbar - though they were able to hold him to a point below his season average. I think Woods ate a little too much in scoring 31 in Wayne's trouncing of Bryan Station and 26 in their victory over Lexington Catholic. Oh yeah Wayne also beat a team called Knott Central who is from, I believe, the 14th.....

I thought there were some kids in the 11th that might fit the bill there, but they apparently have found a home at the next level over the course of this past couple of weeks.

 

I'll be finished with Finals on Tuesday and hope to try and have a nice 11th Region article up sometime by the end of the week.

Right off, one kid that I'll throw out is Scott County's Tony Martini.

 

For the right smaller school, he's the kind of kid who can do some things to help you win, regardless of his measureables like height.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.