Trinity & St. X fans

I believe the only change at Trinity is defensive coordinator.

It seems like every year a position coach or two may come or go but as for as the Head coach, OC, DC and Special Teams Coach, I believe Pep is correct, only the DC will change.

DB coach is not new.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Smith is out? Deeds is out? Logan is in? I thought Brown was coming over to help? He couldn't work out his schedule? New d-line coach from Ballard. I am unsure of new DC expertise.

Is it safe to say your respective coaching staffs will have a new look next season? Can you fill us in on any changes, new faces, new titles?

Lots of things are different at Tiger Tech this spring. A lot has been posted on different threads on here, but I will try to summarize it all.

Bart Bruner is the new defensive coordinator as Todd Walsh moves to Tight Ends coach and "co-head coach" (whatever that means). I have heard that this means Walsh is in charge of the contact between college coaches and the players. This communication, I understand is usually done by the head coach and was always handled by Mike Glaser until now. Bruner is a huge addition back on to the staff after he took a year off. Don't know how the old school mentality will clash with Wolford's new school mentality just yet.

Adam Billings, who was the head coach at Elizabethtown the past 3 seasons, is now the offensive line coach at St. Xavier.

There is a new wide receivers coach, I believe, don't know a name yet.

Joe Tronzo was hired as the school's strength and conditioning coach. He works out every team at St. X, but of course focuses mostly on the football team. He played for the Tigers back in 2004 when they won a state championship and was on the Louisville Cardinals football team after he graduated.

Will Wolford has seemingly removed any responsibility off of his plate. He doesn't have a position to coach, he is not a coordinator, he doesn't run the workouts, he doesn't deal with recruiting primarily and doesn't work in the school. Hopefully just overseeing everything is the tweak he needed to make last year.

I should know more once their Spring Practice begins May 6.

Lots of things are different at Tiger Tech this spring. A lot has been posted on different threads on here, but I will try to summarize it all.

Bart Bruner is the new defensive coordinator as Todd Walsh moves to Tight Ends coach and "co-head coach" (whatever that means). I have heard that this means Walsh is in charge of the contact between college coaches and the players. This communication, I understand is usually done by the head coach and was always handled by Mike Glaser until now. Bruner is a huge addition back on to the staff after he took a year off. Don't know how the old school mentality will clash with Wolford's new school mentality just yet.

Adam Billings, who was the head coach at Elizabethtown the past 3 seasons, is now the offensive line coach at St. Xavier.

There is a new wide receivers coach, I believe, don't know a name yet.

Joe Tronzo was hired as the school's strength and conditioning coach. He works out every team at St. X, but of course focuses mostly on the football team. He played for the Tigers back in 2004 when they won a state championship and was on the Louisville Cardinals football team after he graduated.

Will Wolford has seemingly removed any responsibility off of his plate. He doesn't have a position to coach, he is not a coordinator, he doesn't run the workouts, he doesn't deal with recruiting primarily and doesn't work in the school. Hopefully just overseeing everything is the tweak he needed to make last year.

I should know more once their Spring Practice begins May 6.

Tronzo will do a great job with them.

I played with Joe at X and he is a great person for the strength and conditioning position.

I am a bit shocked of how little it appears Coach Wolford is responsible for...I'm sure he is doing more than what I am perceiving.

Looking forward to the start of a new football season! Is it August yet?!?!

Jay Cobb is Defensive Coordinator, formerly of Somerset and most recently West Brook (TX) HS

Nathan Leslie is new Defensive Line coach, formerly of Ballard

LB coach to replace Matt Deeds was just hired a few days ago, no names yet

Devian Logan remains on staff as secondary coach

Also, Trinity will switch to a 3-4 scheme with many variables to it, much in line with what Alabama, Steelers, etc. run i'm told

Jay Cobb is Defensive Coordinator, formerly of Somerset and most recently West Brook (TX) HS

Nathan Leslie is new Defensive Line coach, formerly of Ballard

LB coach to replace Matt Deeds was just hired a few days ago, no names yet

Devian Logan remains on staff as secondary coach

Also, Trinity will switch to a 3-4 scheme with many variables to it, much in line with what Alabama, Steelers, etc. run i'm told

Any idea why they are switching?

• 1 month later...

Re Trinity's 2014 coaching staff, I just copied this from the team page at the school site a minute ago.

-HEAD VARSITY COACH: Mr. Bob Beatty H’03

-Defensive Staff: Chad Carpenter, Jay Cobb (DC), Michael Fox, Nathan Leslie, Devian Logan '91

-Offensive Staff: Andrew Coverdale H'07 (OC), Tom Fox H'12, Pat Newman '00, Gary Owens '88, Rob Piercy

Football