Cuonzo Martin to California

LOOGY

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really feel like going back through my timeline' date=' but the gist of it was Tennessee screwed Martin over and they were happy he was able get out.[/quote']

Oh. I thought you meant they didn't like him, and were glad he was leaving.

I heard Martin didn't meet with the team to tell them the news first. My cousin, who is a big UT fan, and a fan of Martin says he lost some respect for Martin over that.

If the players aren't mad your cousin shouldn't be either. And after the petition I don't think Martin cares about UT fans. And he shouldn't.

If the players aren't mad your cousin shouldn't be either. And after the petition I don't think Martin cares about UT fans. And he shouldn't.

Well so far I've only seen tweets from former players and a recruit. Not sure how the current players feel.

You don't really expect current players to openly criticize their school do you?

No, but that doesn't mean they're not disappointed in Martin not meeting with them to tell them he was leaving before the news broke.

Basketball coaches do not want to be at traditional football schools....really hard to be 2nd fiddle. Guys like Billy Donovan that have learned to thrive in that situation are a rare bird. Cuonzo Martin has limitations as a coach, and I'll just say that I'm really happy he is going to Berkley and not to Cincinnati.