UN Rules That Japan's Whaling Hunt In The Southern Ocean To Cease Immediately

Colonels_Wear_Blue

For those of you who have watched "Whale Wars" on Animal Planet, this case will directly impact the ability of the Japanese whaling company on that show to continue their operation in Antarctica's Great Southern Ocean.

Australia wins whaling case against Japan | SBS News

"The UN's top court has ruled that Japan's whaling hunt in the Southern Ocean is not a scientific program as Tokyo has always claimed.

"The court concludes that the special permits granted by Japan for the killing, taking and treating of whales in connection with JARPA II are not for purposes of scientific research," President Peter Tomka told the International Court of Justice in The Hague on Monday.

The court ruled Tokyo should cease its whaling program 'with immediate effect'."

That's cool.

The people on whale wars were giant tools though.

I was just going to say the same thing.

I'm glad they are cracking down on the Whale Hunters, but you are right. Watching that show sometimes I was hoping those people on Whale Wars would get their little boats sunk just for being tools. They reminded me of Peta in that they have a good message or working for a cause they believe in, just the way they went about it was really bad sometimes.

That's cool.

The people on whale wars were giant tools though.

You mean you wouldn't be nervous if some guys who leave their families for 3-4 months at time with no pay swarm your ships and shoot them with potato guns?

IMO the best 15 minutes of TV a couple years ago was when the Nisha Maru tore the bat boat mobile into shreds . Does my heart good when the lib's get crushed . The episodes where the tears flow are priceless . Rooted for the Japs hard in those " classic " episodes .

IMO the best 15 minutes of TV a couple years ago was when the Nisha Maru tore the bat boat mobile into shreds. Does my heart good when the libs get crushed. The episodes where the tears flow are priceless. Rooted for the Japanese hard in those "classic " episodes.

So you are really in favor of whaling?

The only one who I ever respected on that show was the guy who boarded their ship and got arrested...then was banned from the organization lol.

How about the guy that put his ship between the whalers and their refueling ship and told them that he was on the line that he had originally been on and if they wanted to move him then they would have to sink him? The whalers backed down. He meant every word. If the Sea Shepherds had not disavowed "the guy that got arrested and was banned from the organization" he'd still be in a Japanese prison. That was done for his benefit.

IMO the best 15 minutes of TV a couple years ago was when the Nisha Maru tore the bat boat mobile into shreds . Does my heart good when the lib's get crushed . The episodes where the tears flow are priceless . Rooted for the Japs hard in those " classic " episodes .
Japs!!!!!??? Are you still fighting WWII ?