Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K on one and dones

Featured Replies

"If great players want to come to your school, you'd be an idiot to say no."

 

:clap:

haha.. good for him. One of the local radio guys here in SC was playing the old tired bash UK/Calipari and the one and dones a couple of days ago.

 

He said you should absolutely only take a "few" potential one and done players, and then refuse the rest to take kids who will stay longer. He pointed to Roy Williams, Coach K, Bill Self, and Jim Boeheim as examples of the "right" way to do it. I just saw an example of four coaches who were sitting at home.

He pointed to Roy Williams, Coach K, Bill Self, and Jim Boeheim as examples of the "right" way to do it. I just saw an example of four coaches who were sitting at home.

 

:thumb: :lol2: :lol2:

I find it hard to believe that any program would turn down multiple possible one and dones...the reason I see that a lot of schools don't take two or three a season is that they just happen to go else where, not because they didn't recruit them.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Coach K has never been against taking one and done players. It wasn't until recently that kids who would be one and done players would even entertain coming to Duke. Coach K is against the rule as most coaches are but he still understands what kind of kids are needed in today's game. It'll be interesting to see if he can ever win a title with a one and done player on his roster.

Coach K has never been against taking one and done players. It wasn't until recently that kids who would be one and done players would even entertain coming to Duke. Coach K is against the rule as most coaches are but he still understands what kind of kids are needed in today's game. It'll be interesting to see if he can ever win a title with a one and done player on his roster.

 

One and done is a fairly recent trend. Duke has had their share dating back to Corey Maggette and Luol Deng.

Wasn't Elton Brand the first player to ever leave Duke early? I feel like I remember that being a big "media" deal.

Wasn't Elton Brand the first player to ever leave Duke early? I feel like I remember that being a big "media" deal.

 

William Avery left the same year

One and done is a fairly recent trend. Duke has had their share dating back to Corey Maggette and Luol Deng.

 

Outisde of Deng and Maggette who else was one and done before Duke courted John Wall?

Wasn't Elton Brand the first player to ever leave Duke early? I feel like I remember that being a big "media" deal.

 

William Avery left the same year

 

Both were sophomores when they left.

Outisde of Deng and Maggette who else was one and done before Duke courted John Wall?

 

None that I know of but UK never had a one and before Wall did they?

None that I know of but UK never had a one and before Wall did they?

 

I don't think so but Cal has proven to be the expert when it comes to landing one and done players and winning with one and done players. I know Coach K went after Wall and failed but I think he has landed a one and done player every year since then. Coach K hasn't figured out how to win a title with a one and done player yet also.

I don't think so but Cal has proven to be the expert when it comes to landing one and done players and winning with one and done players. I know Coach K went after Wall and failed but I think he has landed a one and done player every year since then. Coach K hasn't figured out how to win a title with a one and done player yet also.

 

Given a few tries he will figure it out, too good at his craft not to

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.