Covington Catholic 61 Bardstown 54

From the Louisville Courier-Journal:

Covington Catholic ends Bardstown's impressive run

"LEXINGTON, Ky. – Covington Catholic went away from its long-range game and powered the ball inside in a 61-54 victory over an underrated Bardstown basketball team Friday night in the Whitaker Bank/KHSAA Sweet 16.

The Colonels, Ninth Region champions and ranked No. 6 in The Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings, knocked down 12 of 18 threes in beating Clay County in the first round. The Tigers got 21 points from point guard Nick Ruthsatz, 17 from Mark Schult and 10 from Cole VonHandorf, while improving their record to 31-2."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo......how many people thought the wild shot that Nick R shot against Bardstown's big had ANY chance of going in?

Anyone?

He hit two just like that in the Clay County game.

Reflects the hours he spends in the gym, ditto the floaters that he hits.

A few observations from last night, I thought the game was called very tight on both ends. CCH fans were down 25% from the night before (fish frys/UK). Romes gave some quality minutes with the offense-defense substitutions. We will see more zone tonight against Bowling Green. CVH's between the legs crossover late in the 4th was worth the price of admission!

A few observations from last night, I thought the game was called very tight on both ends. CCH fans were down 25% from the night before (fish frys/UK). Romes gave some quality minutes with the offense-defense substitutions. We will see more zone tonight against Bowling Green. CVH's between the legs crossover late in the 4th was worth the price of admission!

He is a very impressive handler of the ball, especially for a freshman. He just stays so poised and under control out there. Plus, I heard on the webcast that he shoots free throws around 85% for the year. He is going to be a good one.

CCH win because they're balanced all 5 starters can beat you. Clay co let the shoot 3's ruthsatz & heppler made them pay. Bardstown took the 3 game away from CCH so Mark the shark took care of business down low. They will continue their winning ways tonight!

CCH win because they're balanced all 5 starters can beat you. Clay co let the shoot 3's ruthsatz & heppler made them pay. Bardstown took the 3 game away from CCH so Mark the shark took care of business down low. They will continue their winning ways tonight!

Clay can too, you have to choose who you will stop. I think that's why they were so evenly matched. I also think they have not played a bad game Clay is one of the highest scoring teams in the state. They are good teams outside of NKY that Dont get a lot of press. Cov- cath is a great team. They play well together and are the best coached team I have seen all year. I really hope they win it. But people saying they haven't played a good game yet is crazy. There competition has dictated the game they play and if they had a off night against either they would have got beat.

Another obervation I have is that CovCath is not nearly as good when Ruthsatz is not on the floor. If he ever gets in foul trouble they are could be in trouble.