My Favorite Part Of The Sweet 16 Is...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing people that I have seen at the sweet 16 for so many year.

Good start goldie. Definitely one of my favorite aspects.

Too many to list, but I'll go:

Favorites:

• The pre game video and player intros before the finals.

• Seeing everyone stand at the end of a close game (i.e., think the two OT game between Holmes and Central with everything on the line or Rowan County's epic comeback attempts to force OT against Christian County)

• That one big upset that seems to happen each year.

• Seeing your hometown school take the floor.

• All the chatter on coaching changes, new directions from programs, etc. that you'll wind up hearing.

Vastly Underrated:

• The ice cream (especially when you catch a short line... the concessions in general are great too tho)

• Going swimming in-between games as a kid.

One of the things that stands out to me is the feeling I get when the first two teams to play in the first round at noon on Wednesday (no matter who they are) first run out on the floor at Rupp to start their warmups, officially kicking off the Sweet 16, and the two cheering sections go crazy, and I start thinking how excited the players must feel, and I'm overcome with a rush of goose bumps and literally need to fight back tears. The magic has begun in the "Greatest Show In Hoops", and I have an overwhelming feeling inside of how proud I am to be a Kentuckian.

Favorites:

• The pre game video and player intros before the finals.

• Seeing everyone stand at the end of a close game (i.e., think the two OT game between Holmes and Central with everything on the line or Rowan County's epic comeback attempts to force OT against Christian County)

These were my two and you already took them, JW!

One of the things that stands out to me is the feeling I get when the first two teams to play in the first round at noon on Wednesday (no matter who they are) first run out on the floor at Rupp to start their warmups, officially kicking off the Sweet 16, and the two cheering sections go crazy, and I start thinking how excited the players must feel, and I'm overcome with a rush of goose bumps and literally need to fight back tears. The magic has begun in the "Greatest Show In Hoops", and I have an overwhelming feeling inside of how proud I am to be a Kentuckian.

I, too, get that feeling when I go to the state tournament. Good stuff B-Ball-fan!

Listening to legend coaches like Alan Feldhaus, Sr., Stan Hardin, etc, telling stories at the Hyatt Lobby bar after the games.

Blue Moon/Redmons/2am Greasy Pizza place around the corner from Redmons on Thursday night. Most every referee in the state also keeps this schedule.

Oh yeah.... and the games.

Listening to legend coaches like Alan Feldhaus, Sr., Stan Hardin, etc, telling stories at the Hyatt Lobby bar after the games.

Blue Moon/Redmons/2am Greasy Pizza place around the corner from Redmons on Thursday night. Most every referee in the state also keeps this schedule.

Oh yeah.... and the games.

:ohbrother:

:puke:

Gross. Can I culture you on Lexington hospitality? Please. You have a horrible image of one of my favorite cities.

I know how most of what you said could be fun, especially Good Fellas Pizza, but I can't excuse Redmons' based on my personal experiences of being there a few times. That's actually one place I tell people to avoid when they visit.