Campbell County/Johnson Central predictions (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Who Wins?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Campbell County (21-8)
    • Johnson Central (25-6)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going with Campbell because I think they have a potential "best player on the floor" in Deondre Jackson. This year, I'll give it to Hall who can really get up, is strong, and plays hard. But, I think Jackson is a rising junior destined for really good things. He loves the big moments (although, will probably start nervous), is a team player, and can score at all 3 levels. At 6'2 he is very athletic, and has some "swagger" in his game.

Not to forget the way Holbrook has played in the last 2 weeks. He has been money and a really good senior leader who can fill it up! Same goes for Wilson who has been possessed on the glass and works his tail off. Young man is just tough and gritty.

Add to these guys the rock steady play of McGoveny and Losey, and you've got a real solid starting 5 who can compete and beat anyone on a given night.

Excited to see how it pans out. Going with the Camels by 5.

Tell us more about Jackson and Campbell.

If nothing else, who do they play AAU with?

Actually disregard that, Wilson and McGovney were on TBC elite

Gotcha. Still tells us something regardless.

What can we expect from them in the Sweet 16?

I live in Texas, so I can't follow most of the teams as closely as others (though I wish I could), so it'd be much appreciated.

I think it's important for the Camels to get off to a good start to keep that confidence rolling. I'm sure they'll be mesmerized a bit by the environment but a good first qtr would be huge. I think the magic continues for another game.... Camels 63-61.

Johnson Central has the ability to spread the floor with its bigs. Kyle Gullett and Truman Salyer can really shoot the three, which usually opens up the middle for Shane Hall. Hall is intent on getting to the basket. JC has solid guard play with Dalton Adkins and Slade McPeek. McPeek has played outstanding as of late. I don't know anything about Campbell County, but JC is tough to handle if Hall has a decent game. I expect big numbers from Gullett.

15th region teams usually face a distinct size advantage when playing at Rupp, but this JC team is likely to be bigger than any team they face...

Gotcha. Still tells us something regardless.

What can we expect from them in the Sweet 16?

I live in Texas, so I can't follow most of the teams as closely as others (though I wish I could), so it'd be much appreciated.

Look for Wilson to alter a TON of shots. Even if it's not a block, he may force a pass when it should've been a tear drop or lay in. Monster rebounder and always finds a way to the basket with the ball. As for McGovney he's about as hard nosed as they come. Great defender, well above average from 3, and money at the free throw line. He's also the brother of Nate McGovney, if that says anything.

I need my Camels to win 2 games so I can watch them after work trip to Germany.

Camels by 5.

Call Ritchie up and ask him to call your boss.....furlough that Germany Trip a week. LOL

Hate to hear it but happy for you and the Camel faithful.

Wed. March 19...8 PM

Campbell County (21-8) averaging 70.5 PPG....Johnson Central (25-6) averaging 71.9 PPG

MP: Johnson Central 71-63

Predictions?

CC will have on answer for Hall,,,,JC by 12

Call Ritchie up and ask him to call your boss.....furlough that Germany Trip a week. LOL

Hate to hear it but happy for you and the Camel faithful.

Moved the return up 1 day. Will watch first round online at 1:00am and then get on a flight at 6:30am Thursday.

Hope to see a round 2 game live on Friday.