Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sydney Moss sets new DIII single game scoring record

Featured Replies

I understand his point.

You may be the smartest person on BGP. That doesn't mean you should not be on here with me.

What I don't understand is why don't you get my point.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She did not get punished. Nobody made her go there. She was not stuck on a D3 roster, like a bad t-ball player being drafted by a dad coach.

She choose to leave a great school, from a great conference, while being a great player.

If you read the article. It tells you why. She wanted to be home. Florida would not let her play where she wanted. She didn't want to sit a year. She choose to play at Thomas More to play hard and have fun.

I am sure her dream wasn't to score 63 points and then go do the teams laundry.

She is a great teammate. Very humble. Shares the ball well.

You should come see a great athlete play for fun with her friends.

 

I know why she made the decision. To each her own. I'm not criticizing her at all. I'm just stating the obvious...she is much better than everyone else at that level. Still a great accomplishment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if she does leave for UK or any other D-I school, she has to sit a year, correct?

 

My dad will tell ya that she should have just went to UK from the beginning haha! He's a big Sydney Moss fan and UK homer. In his mind, its a perfect match.

 

She did not get punished. Nobody made her go there. She was not stuck on a D3 roster, like a bad t-ball player being drafted by a dad coach.

She choose to leave a great school, from a great conference, while being a great player.

If you read the article. It tells you why. She wanted to be home. Florida would not let her play where she wanted. She didn't want to sit a year. She choose to play at Thomas More to play hard and have fun.

I am sure her dream wasn't to score 63 points and then go do the teams laundry.

She is a great teammate. Very humble. Shares the ball well.

You should come see a great athlete play for fun with her friends.

 

Well said. I have gotten to know her this year and she is an amazing young woman.

I understand his point.

You may be the smartest person on BGP. That doesn't mean you should not be on here with me.

What I don't understand is why don't you get my point.

 

I'm not the one who made posts that appeared to not follow the point made by Wireman. You fairly keep pointing out all of the reasons she's there. Great. I love her independence and her confidence that she can get to the WNBA playing D3 ball.

 

Irrelevant to the point though. Getting 63 at the D3 level when you are a high D1 player just doesn't do much for me and it should be expected (Wireman's point).

I'm not the one who made posts that appeared to not follow the point made by Wireman. You fairly keep pointing out all of the reasons she's there. Great. I love her independence and her confidence that she can get to the WNBA playing D3 ball.

 

Irrelevant to the point though. Getting 63 at the D3 level when you are a high D1 player just doesn't do much for me and it should be expected (Wireman's point).

 

Right, I'm just saying that if Julius Randle transferred to Centre College next season (I'm sure Coach Mason wouldn't object), he would likely be an unstoppable forced at the D3 level. That's all I was saying. I'm in no way trashing Moss.

D1 players play D3 on a yearly basis and a small few make it to the pro's. look at Pierre Garçon, my guess his D3 accomplishments were not impressive either? Sydney made a personal choice that she felt was in her personal best interest. To diminish what she accomplished is a joke and I am not impressed with your observation. For the record there were three D1 transfers into D3 on the lady side this year and it occurs on a yearly basis.

 

 

Garçon started his college career at Norwich University in Northfield, Vermont. As a freshman in 2004, he played in ten games and had 44 receptions for 1,017 yards and 13 touchdowns. Wanting to play in a more football oriented program, he transferred to Mount Union College in the Ohio Athletic Conference. He averaged over 60 catches, 1000 yards and 15 touchdowns in his career as a Purple Raider. While at Mount Union he led the team to two consecutive Div III National Championships, falling just short of a third.[4] During his sophomore season in 2005, he earned Ohio Athletic Conference second-team honors after having 68 receptions for 1,196 yards and 16 touchdowns. As a junior, he was named to the Ohio Athletic Conference first-team and was the recipient of the Ed Sherman Award for the OAC's most outstanding receiver.[5] That season, he was third in the nation with 1,212 receiving yards and had 67 receptions with 17 touchdowns. As a senior in 2007, Garçon was Ohio Athletic Conference first-team and was the recipient of the Ed Sherman Award, for the second time. He had 67 receptions for 955 yards and 14 touchdowns.[6]

During his time at Mount Union, he was teammates with fellow wide receiver, Cecil Shorts III.[7]

No one is diminishing her accomplishment.

OK, so then you are saying that a statement like "that is what happens when a top d1 plays d3" or better yet as Clyde put it "I am not impressed with Sydney's 63 points" is not diminishing? I understand the point, you both feels she is too good but as an example a lot of NASCAR Cup racers run the lower series but do they also win by multiple laps. Anyone who scores 63 points is accomplishment, even if someone was over and above the talent they competed against.

D1 players play D3 on a yearly basis and a small few make it to the pro's. look at Pierre Garçon, my guess his D3 accomplishments were not impressive either? Sydney made a personal choice that she felt was in her personal best interest. To diminish what she accomplished is a joke and I am not impressed with your observation. For the record there were three D1 transfers into D3 on the lady side this year and it occurs on a yearly basis.

 

 

Garçon started his college career at Norwich University in Northfield, Vermont. As a freshman in 2004, he played in ten games and had 44 receptions for 1,017 yards and 13 touchdowns. Wanting to play in a more football oriented program, he transferred to Mount Union College in the Ohio Athletic Conference. He averaged over 60 catches, 1000 yards and 15 touchdowns in his career as a Purple Raider. While at Mount Union he led the team to two consecutive Div III National Championships, falling just short of a third.[4] During his sophomore season in 2005, he earned Ohio Athletic Conference second-team honors after having 68 receptions for 1,196 yards and 16 touchdowns. As a junior, he was named to the Ohio Athletic Conference first-team and was the recipient of the Ed Sherman Award for the OAC's most outstanding receiver.[5] That season, he was third in the nation with 1,212 receiving yards and had 67 receptions with 17 touchdowns. As a senior in 2007, Garçon was Ohio Athletic Conference first-team and was the recipient of the Ed Sherman Award, for the second time. He had 67 receptions for 955 yards and 14 touchdowns.[6]

During his time at Mount Union, he was teammates with fellow wide receiver, Cecil Shorts III.[7]

 

 

 

You disagree. Great.

 

I'll stand by mine. She's playing way below her talent level. I'm not judging her on her decision. If she's good with it so am I.

OK, so then you are saying that a statement like "that is what happens when a top d1 plays d3" or better yet as Clyde put it "I am not impressed with Sydney's 63 points" is not diminishing? I understand the point, you both feels she is too good but as an example a lot of NASCAR Cup racers run the lower series but do they also win by multiple laps. Anyone who scores 63 points is accomplishment, even if someone was over and above the talent they competed against.

 

NASCAR? That's your analogy?

 

The challenge here is that people who have daughters/friends/loved ones who play D3 get offended when you say Syd is playing below her level. The D3 kids are really nice players. Heck, had my daughter decided to play college athletics she , too, would have been a D3 athlete. She played softball. Syd playing bad D3 teams is like saying Cat Osterman threw a perfect game against Thomas More.

 

There's a reason there are bunch of talent levels between high D1 and D3.

OK, so then you are saying that a statement like "that is what happens when a top d1 plays d3" or better yet as Clyde put it "I am not impressed with Sydney's 63 points" is not diminishing? I understand the point, you both feels she is too good but as an example a lot of NASCAR Cup racers run the lower series but do they also win by multiple laps. Anyone who scores 63 points is accomplishment, even if someone was over and above the talent they competed against.

 

Hey 12willyp12! Love your passion for Sydney Moss's game. She impressed us all in the 9th region.

 

63 points is a big accomplishment. But it apparently did not "Wow" some of the posters.

 

Here on BGP, you will find that something is only diminished if you allow it to be.

You will also find that you are not going to impress everyone.

OK, so then you are saying that a statement like "that is what happens when a top d1 plays d3" or better yet as Clyde put it "I am not impressed with Sydney's 63 points" is not diminishing? I understand the point, you both feels she is too good but as an example a lot of NASCAR Cup racers run the lower series but do they also win by multiple laps. Anyone who scores 63 points is accomplishment, even if someone was over and above the talent they competed against.

 

So if I scored 63 in a K-1 game this weekend, would it be a great accomplishment? I'm in no way trashing Moss but 63 at the D3 level isn't good, but nothing great. She's way better than that level.

So if I scored 63 in a K-1 game this weekend, would it be a great accomplishment? I'm in no way trashing Moss but 63 at the D3 level isn't good, but nothing great. She's way better than that level.

OK, I agree with several post after mine, the NASCAR analogy is a bad one, Sydney is obviously a top D1 player but I do think scoring 63 points to me was impressive and it was very fun to watch. Everyone has their opinion!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.