Mason County/Augusta predictions

Mason County vs. Augusta (at Bracken County)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Mason County vs. Augusta (at Bracken County)

Augusta is the 39th District Champs until someone beats them. They beat us last year on our home floor.That is how Mason County should approach this game. Period.

This - otherwise another early exit.

Should be a close contest. Who will step up for the Panthers in addition to BB?

This - otherwise another early exit.

Should be a close contest. Who will step up for the Panthers in addition to BB?

Camryn Snapp and Conner Maddox really need to produce for Augusta to prevail in this one. Bach always finds a way to score so that's why I think the outcome hinges on the play of Snapp and Maddox. Owens Crawford will be the primary ball handler but doesn't score a lot. He just keeps the pace where coach Hinson wants it.

If Augusta gets in a track meet with Mason it will get ugly quick. But if Augusta slows down the tempo and takes good shots then I think they can advance. I feel Mason wins it but I've been wrong before.

If the score gets in the 60's or more I give it to Mason. If it's in the low 50's and below I give it to Augusta.

Mason has to much size for Augusta.

Definitely no disputing Mason's size advantage. And while I know the personnel on both squads have changed a lot since 2012, I think it's worth noting that they had a significant size advantage with the likes of Shawn Johnson, Steven Chambers, and Tyler Black, and yet came within a shot rolling around the basket and falling off, of winning that district game.

Definitely no disputing Mason's size advantage. And while I know the personnel on both squads have changed a lot since 2012, I think it's worth noting that they had a significant size advantage with the likes of Shawn Johnson, Steven Chambers, and Tyler Black, and yet came within a shot rolling around the basket and falling off, of winning that district game.

Augusta also had T. Kelsch who was huge in those games and Staggs.

First of all, isn't it fun to have this up for discussion? Remember when whoever played the Royals was doomed? Times have changed for sure. Augusta knows what they need to do to win, they are confident and they are the defending champs. I'm picking a repeat.

Augusta 69

Mason County 61

39th district tournament gets under way next week Tuesday night is MaCo vs Augusta. Augusta won last years matchup in the first round. Who ya got this year and why.

No surprises this year,,Mason County by 15,,,,Too much size ,,Augusta needs more than 5 players